Commissioner of the Revenue
NOTICE: Appointments Required Beginning Monday, Nov. 2
Walk-ins will no longer be accepted beginning Monday, Nov. 2, 2020. Commissioner of the Revenue staff will be available by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 804-748-1281 or by emailing Commissioner of the Revenue.
Read the Commissioner of the Revenue Response to COVID-19, published March 23, 2020.
About Commissioner of the Revenue
The Commissioner of the Revenue serves the citizens of Chesterfield County.
As chief assessing officer, I am responsible for fairly and equitably applying the Code of Virginia and county ordinances to determine how much each citizen contributes to the County to pay for our public services.
My Office is responsible for the administration of the following local taxes:
- Business Property Tax on the assets used in a business
- Other business taxes, including transient occupancy and short term rental tax
- Personal Property Tax on vehicles, mobile homes and boats
In addition we provide the following services:
- Administering tax relief programs for elderly and disabled citizens and veterans
- Assisting citizens in the preparation and filing of Virginia individual income tax returns
- Issuing Business Licenses (BPOL) to new and existing County businesses
- Monitoring legislation to be acted upon by the General Assembly that may affect our community
- Protecting the confidentiality of tax payer information
- Resolving problems and answering questions on local tax matters for taxpayers
Fri Apr. 23 - Sat Jun. 5
Mon May 31
Mon Jul. 5
Mon Sep. 6