- Community Operations
- Parks and Recreation
- Coaches Background Check
Coaches Background Check
Background Check Policy Co-Sponsored Youth Organizations
Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors approved the National Background Check for those individuals associated with co-sponsored youth leagues (i.e. coaches, board members, etc.). All new coaches will be required to go through the new background check process, which includes fingerprinting. All approved individuals will be sent a national background check card with an expiration date of three years. Current background check cardholders may be selected for random background checks. View our Frequently Asked Questions about the Co-Sponsored Coaching Background Process (PDF) for more information.
Background Check Policy
Download a copy of the Background Check Policy for Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Co-Sponsored Youth Organizations (PDF).
- Felony violation relating to drug distribution is now a barrier crime.
- Felony violation of drug possession has changed from within 5 years to 8 years.
Approved Background Check Cardholders
View the list of Approved Background Check Cardholders. This list contains an alphabetical list with card expiration dates of coaching cardholders that have completed the background check process and have been approved to coach in Chesterfield County.
Background Check Fingerprinting Processing
Individuals are requested to show a picture identification at the time of fingerprinting. The Police Release of Information Form (PDF) will be required and should be completed in advance.
10001 Iron Bridge Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
These sessions are available for Chesterfield co-sponsored coaches, Fire and EMS volunteers and Chesterfield and Colonial Heights Social Services applicants. Background fingerprinting processing dates and times listed below are the only times and location where this service is provided.
- Wednesday, April 26, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 10, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 24, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 14, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24, 8-11 a.m.
- Saturday, July 8, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 12, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 26, 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 29, 8-11 a.m.