Records Research Requests
- Permanent land and court records are available from 1749 (the year of the County’s inception) to the present.
Title Searches - Recording Information
Clerk’s Office personnel are available to assist patrons in utilizing all resources in the Record Room.
- Recording information pertaining to land transactions, judgments, financing statements, etc. is not provided via telephone or email. Customers in need of this information must visit the office or request copies.
NOTE: Clerk’s Office personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice and are unable to perform title searches. Should you require a title search or legal advice, you are encouraged to contact an attorney or title insurance company, or both.
Obtaining Copies of Public Records from the Record Room
- Copies of public records are available for $.50/page.
- A certified copy is available for an additional $2.
NOTE: Copy fees must be collected in advance.
To confirm the length of a document, contact the Clerk’s Office at 804-748-1241 for assistance.
- Call 804-748-1241 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday) and ask to speak to a staff member in the appropriate division for assistance.
- Phone requests are payable by Visa or MasterCard (for an additional $2.00 processing fee plus postage).
- After calling to obtain a copy fee quote, provide specific information (e.g., name, document type, date, etc.) with your request.
- Mail your written request with appropriate copy fees and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the below address.
- The Clerk’s Office is open to the public from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- The Record Room is located on the ground floor of the main Courts Building.
Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 125
Chesterfield, VA 23832-0909
For additional information, contact the Clerk’s Office at 804-748-1241 and ask to speak with a staff member in the Record Room.