Attention Building Inspection Customers
- Six-foot social distancing will be maintained, and all customers must wear a mask while in the buildings in accordance with state and county requirements. Due to limited availability of masks, we are not able to provide masks so please bring your own.
- Permit applications sent via mail or commercial courier will be accepted and processed.
- Customer deliveries are being handled through the use of an interior pickup/drop off bucket located at the customer service area entrance directly inside the Community Development Building (9800 Government Center Parkway).
- The walk-thru permit process is suspended until further notice.
- Community Development ELM Portal: Apply, pay fees, request inspections, print and reprint permits and plans, receipts, and Certificates of Occupancy.
- Forms & Applications: View, download, and print, Commercial and Residential forms and applications.
- Fee Schedules: View and download fee schedules.
- Commercial Fee Calculator: Calculate your permit fee.
- Holiday Schedule: Office closures and how to schedule your inspection on the right day.
- Inspection Scheduling by Phone: Interactive voice response system (IVR) allows customers to schedule, cancel, or reschedule inspections and obtain inspection results by phone.
- Permit Data & Monthly Activity Reports: View weekly and monthly permits issued and monthly permit activity reports.
- Report of Commercial & Residential Permits Issued: Obtain a lists of permits issued for a particular day by Chesterfield County Department of Building Inspection based on your search criteria.