How do I report animal cruelty or neglect?

Please call the 804-748-1251, the police non-emergency number, if you need to speak with an Animal Services officer about:

  • Animal neglect or cruelty
  • Dogs running at large
  • Stray dog that has been found
  • Any other non-emergency Animal Services issue

If you wish to speak with a shelter representative, please call 804-748-1683 Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

General email inquiries can be directed to the Animal Control Inquiries Email.

Animal Services does not handle calls for service related to barking dogs. Please call the police non-emergency number, 804-748-1251, to speak to a police officer.

Show All Answers

1. How do I adopt an animal?
2. Do I need a dog license?
3. What will I need to purchase a dog license?
4. How much does a dog license cost, and when is it due?
5. Where do I get a dog license?
6. How do I report a lost pet?
7. How do I report a found pet?
8. How do I report animal cruelty or neglect?
9. How many dogs can you have in Chesterfield?
10. What is Chesterfield County’s leash law?
11. What are some dog-friendly places in Chesterfield County?