View all facilities

Station 04 Bon Air

About the Station


The Bon Air-Southampton Department was formed in 1948. The original building, near the intersection of Buford Road and Forest Hill Avenue was a one story two bay structure. In 1952, a second story addition allowed a new kitchen and sleeping quarters to be added. A large meeting area was also included in the renovations.

The 1970, the City of Richmond annexation of 23 square miles of the county reduced the response area of the Buford Road location. With the fire station still located in the County, the membership was able to continue service to the community. With change and continued growth in the county, the search was on for a more appropriate location for a fire station. In 1989 the department moved into a two bay building at its present site.