How do I change my address after I have filed my return?

You may send a letter providing your social security number, old address, new address, and your signature to:

  • Virginia Department of Taxation
    Office of Customer Services
    P.O. Box 1115
    Richmond, Virginia 23218-1115
  • Fax: 804-254-6113

Note: You may also update your address via secure messaging (email); updates sent via secure message must include an image of your signature.

If you move to a new address after filing your return, but before you receive your refund, be sure to file a change of address with your former post office so your refund or any correspondence from the department can be forwarded to you.

Show All Answers

1. To whom do I make my check out and where do I mail my tax return?
2. When are the taxes and estimated payments due?
3. Where can I get some assistance with the preparation of my state return?
4. When can I expect my refund?
5. How do I change my address after I have filed my return?
6. Where can taxpayers get free assistance for federal tax preparation?
7. What is the telephone number for the Department of Taxation in Richmond?
8. Whom do I call if my refund check is incorrect?
9. Can I pay state income tax by credit card?