How do I apply for benefits?

There are several ways to apply for benefits:

  • Visit CommonHelp. At this website, you may apply for:
    • Child Care Services
    • Energy Assistance (Fuel, Crisis, or Cooling)
    • Food Assistance (SNAP)
    • Health Care Coverage
    • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Applications for Medicaid, SNAP, and TANF are now accepted over the phone at 855-635-4370
  • You can visit our office Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. (no appointment is needed):
    Department of Social Services
    9501 Lucy Corr Circle
    Chesterfield, VA 23832

Show All Answers

1. What Employment Services do you offer?
2. How do I apply for benefits?
3. What is the EBT customer service number?
4. How can I get a new Medicaid card number?
5. How can I renew my Medicaid case?