How can I get a copy of my property plat or survey?

If the survey was recorded, it can be obtained from the Circuit Court Clerk's Office. Individual surveys which show the lot with improvements (such as a house) are occasionally attached to deeds; however, since they are not required to be recorded, most often, they are not. Often surveys showing property lines are drafted at the time of sale and the homeowner receives a copy with other closing papers. If the survey was not recorded and you cannot find one with your closing papers, you may need to contact a surveying company if you need a survey showing the lot with improvements. 

If you live in a subdivision and need to see the property lines only (not where the house is situated), copies of subdivision plats are available on this website. The online copy made available by the Assessor's Office is not considered the official recorded subdivision plat; however, it may be useful for informational purposes. The Circuit Court Clerk's Office is the official repository for subdivision plats that have been recorded. Land records are available for public inspection in our Record Room which is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). The Record Room is located on the ground floor of the main Courts Building. 

Show All Answers

1. Are land records available online?
2. Can Clerk's Office staff assist with a title search?
3. How do I determine if there is a lien recorded against property?
4. How can I get a copy of my property plat or survey?
5. How can I add my spouse or child to my deed?
6. How do I remove someone from a deed?
7. Can the Clerk's Office provide a list of pending foreclosures?
8. How can I get a copy of the blueprints to my house?
9. When do I receive my Deed after my mortgage is paid off?
10. How can I monitor my home title to identify possible fraud?