Can I get married at the courthouse?

There is no one in the Clerk’s Office (or Judges’ Chambers) that performs wedding ceremonies at the courthouse.  It is recommended that parties contact a civil marriage celebrant or a minister authorized to perform marriages in Virginia. An authorized marriage celebrant or minister should be able to produce a copy of the court order or clerk's order that authorized him/her to perform marriage ceremonies in Virginia. There are some civil celebrants appointed by the Court who are willing to perform ceremonies at the Courts Building (typically outside). Specific details regarding a ceremony would need to be discussed with the celebrant chosen. 

Information regarding obtaining a marriage license in Chesterfield

Show All Answers

1. Can I get married at the courthouse?