CHESTERFIELD COUNTY PROPOSED FY2021 AND FY2022 TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVES PROJECT
Take notice that the County Administrator has submitted an addition to the recommended the FY2021 and FY2022 Transportation Alternatives Projects to the Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing at its regular meeting on October 23, 2019, at 6 p.m. in the County Public Meeting Room at the Chesterfield Government Complex, at 10001 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, Virginia, to consider the additional project: Route 1 at Marina Drive HAWK Pedestrian Crossing Signal. The county intends to apply for funds allocated by the Commonwealth Transportation Board and Richmond Area Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Program.
Projects eligible for funding through the Transportation Alternatives Program include:
- On-road and off-road pedestrian and bicycle facilities
- Safe routes for non-drivers (children, older adults and individuals with disabilities) to access daily needs
- Conversion of abandoned railway corridors to bike and/or pedestrian trails
- Construction of turnouts, overlooks and viewing areas
- Historic preservation and rehabilitation of historic transportation facilities
- Inventory/control/removal of outdoor advertising
- Vegetation management to improve safety, prevent against invasive species and provide erosion control
- Archaeological activities relating to impacts from implementation of a transportation project
- Environmental mitigation to address stormwater management, water pollution prevention due to road construction or runoff
- Wildlife mortality mitigation
Citizens who would like to comment on the proposed Transportation Alternatives project, Route 1 at Marina Drive HAWK Pedestrian Crossing Signal, are encouraged to send their comments in writing to the Transportation Department, Chesterfield County, P.O. Box 40, Chesterfield, VA 23832, Attn: Chessa Faulkner.
Information regarding the proposed Transportation Alternatives Project is available in the Transportation Department, 3rd Floor of the Community Development Building, 9800 Government Center Parkway, Chesterfield, VA 23832 and may be examined by all interested persons between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For further information, please call (804) 748-1037.
The hearing is held at a public facility designed to be accessible to persons with disabilities. Any persons with questions on the accessibility of the facility or need for reasonable accommodations should contact Janice Blakley, Clerk to the Board, at (804) 748-1200. Persons needing interpreter services for the deaf must notify the Clerk to the Board no later than Friday, October 18, 2019.