Become an active participant in the electoral process. Serve as an Officer of Election for Chesterfield County and work the polls on Election Day to help ensure fair and accurate elections. For more information, visit the Officer of Election page.
To serve as an officer of election you must:
- Be a registered voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Enjoy meeting people and serving the public
- Be able to take direction, pay attention to detail and not be easily distracted
- Be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Be able to lift 40 pounds with assistance
- Be available to work on election day from 5 a.m. until all the results have been tabulated and reported
- Not hold elected office or be the employee of an elected official
To apply, contact Elections Manager by email or by phone at 804-748-1149.