Our MakerSpace is a hands-on environment for collaboration and team learning as well as individual creation. We are looking for volunteers who can create, invent, and use 3D printers, software, electronics and craft tools to help users with various projects. This program will be offered at the Central Library (7051 Lucy Corr Blvd., Chesterfield, VA 23832).
We are looking for knowledge and skills in the following:
- Computer programming tools for children such as Scratc, Blocky, Ardublocks, and Game Salad.
- Microcontrollers - Arduino, LilyPad, Flora, Raspberry Pi.
- LEGO robotics - Mindstorms, WeDo, StoryStarter. MaKey MaKey and LittleBits.
- 3D printing - Tinkercad, Blender, SketchUp, Autodesk and 3D printing hardware.
- Game design - analog and video games. Minecraft - Redstone engineers needed.
- Stop-motion movie making and editing - iMovie, Moviemaker, Final Cut, etc.
- Crafting, designing, building, hacking and making in general.
Shift: Monday - Friday; 4-6 p.m. (Time can be flexible)
If interested, please complete Chesterfield County Library Volunteer Application. Learn more about volunteering with CCPL.
Chesterfield County Public Library (CCPL) is a non-traditional, forward-thinking library system. We are passionate about providing access to information, facilitating engaging customer experiences and enriching the lives of our community in innovated ways. CCPL seeks individuals who share our passion and who are willing to learn and apply the CCPL Way in customer interactions.
We are seeking knowledgeable, reliable, enthusiastic tutors for all subjects and ages. You will be assisting students K-12 in support of English, Math, Science, Languages, or Social Studies. Must be 16 years of age or older and have transportation to the Library. Must be courteous and demonstrate good judgment, accuracy and orderliness.
For any questions, please contact CCPL Human Resources by email or by phone at 804-717-6264.