The objective of the Student Intern Program is to provide a positive learning environment, in which interested college students can experience the various aspects and responsibilities of law enforcement while completing a project as part of their studies. Interns generally complete 160 internship hours.
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university and be at least a second-semester sophomore seeking an internship for college credit.
- Possess a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Meet CCPD acceptance standards and pass a background check and polygraph test.
||Internship Experience Dates
||Apply Between Dates
||May to August
||November 15 to January 15
||September to December
||March 15 to May 15
||January to April
||July 15 to September 15
Internship applicants are to submit all required documents at the same time to the Police Internships email within the internship session application dates listed.
Required documents include:
- Essay (1 to 2 pages), which should include:
- What you hope to learn
- Why you want to intern with Chesterfield Police
- Your career goals
- Internship Application (PDF)
Selected candidates will be invited to interview with the internship coordinator. If selected, the background investigation process can take 3 to 4 months to complete.
If you need additional information about the Student Intern Program, contact our internship coordinator at 804-748-1547 or by email.