Demographic Studies & Community
Contact us at 804-748-1050 or by email if you would like a paper copy faxed or mailed to you. There may be a charge for some reports.
Unless otherwise indicated, all reports are produced by the Chesterfield County Planning Department.
The population of Chesterfield County was estimated to be 355,000 as of December 31, 2019. The Planning Department projects the county's population to grow to about 437,000 by 2045.
- Demographic Report (2018) (PDF): Details demographic trends in Chesterfield County
- Demographic Trends (PDF)
- Chesterfield Demography Factsheet (PDF)
- Population Projections by Age (PDF)
- Estimates by Magisterial District (2010 and 2017) (PDF)
- Business Report (2016): Provides information on county business trends such as employment, wages, taxable sales, commercial and industrial uses, shopping centers and other economic indicators
- Economic Analysis (2016) (PDF): Explores in greater detail the strengths and weaknesses within the county's economic base structure over time
- Income and Poverty Report (2014) (PDF): Provides information on income and poverty distribution within Chesterfield County in relation to a variety of demographic characteristics in support of the comprehensive plan
- Housing Report (2018) (PDF): Presents information regarding all of Chesterfield's housing, from single-family square footage to mobile home counts
- Chesterfield Housing Factsheet (PDF)
- Single-Family Housing Built in Chesterfield (2012 to 2016) (PDF)
- Residential Building Permits (1975 to 2018) (PDF): Shows the considerable annual variation in building permit activity over a 40-year period, and includes annual counts for both single family and multi-family housing
- Natural Resource Indicator Report (2013) (PDF): Provides information about the status of the natural environment of Chesterfield County through various natural resource indicators