Maps, Studies and Reports
Studies and Reports
Unless otherwise indicated, all reports are produced by the Chesterfield County Planning Department.
The population of Chesterfield County was estimated to be 355,000 as of Dec. 31, 2019. The Planning Department projects the county's population to grow to about 437,000 by 2045. View Census 2020 information.
- Business Report (2016): Provides information on county business trends such as employment, wages, taxable sales, commercial and industrial uses, shopping centers and other economic indicators
- Economic Analysis (2016) (PDF): Explores in greater detail the strengths and weaknesses within the county's economic base structure over time
- Income and Poverty Report (2014) (PDF): Provides information on income and poverty distribution within Chesterfield County in relation to a variety of demographic characteristics in support of the comprehensive plan
- Natural Resource Indicator Report (2013) (PDF): Provides information about the status of the natural environment of Chesterfield County through various natural resource indicators
- Housing Report (2018) (PDF): Presents information regarding all of Chesterfield's housing, from single-family square footage to mobile home counts
- Chesterfield Housing Factsheet (PDF)
- Single-Family Housing Built in Chesterfield (2012 to 2016) (PDF)
- Residential Building Permits (1975 to 2020) (PDF): Shows the considerable annual variation in building permit activity over a 40-year period, and includes annual counts for both single family and multi-family housing