Comprehensive Plan Update
The current comprehensive plan for Chesterfield County was adopted by the Board of Supervisors in October 2012. The Planning Commission is currently reviewing and updating this plan with the assistance of county staff.
Summary of Comprehensive Plan Update
- Please view the executive summary for highlights of the draft comprehensive plan update. For the full draft plan, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- View the executive summary
The draft Comprehensive Plan is under public review right now. This review phase will be open until November 12, 2018. Staff and the Planning Commission will review public input and make revisions to the draft document as necessary.
Draft Plan Public Review
Community input is an essential part of comprehensive plan update process. Community comments will be shared with the Planning Commission. We need your input on how you think the county should best grow and develop into the future.
Bring your neighbor and attend any of the interactive Connectoberfest Workshops to learn more about the draft plan update and to help us make Chesterfield County the best place to live, learn, work and play:
- Dale District: Monday, October 15 @ Meadowdale Library (4301 Meadowdale Blvd), 7:00-8:30pm
- Clover Hill/Matoaca Districts: Wednesday, October 17 @ Clover Hill High School (13301 Kelly Green Ln), 7:00-8:30pm
- Clover Hill District: Thursday, October 18 @ North Courthouse Road Library (325 Courthouse Rd), 1:30-3:00pm
- Dale District: Thursday, October 18 @ Five Forks Village Clubhouse (8301 Five Forks Ln), 7:00-8:30pm (Comprehensive Plan Meeting Only)
- Bermuda District: Monday, October 22 @ Bensley Community Center (2900 Drewrys Bluff Rd), 1:30-3:00pm
- Bermuda District: Monday, October 22 @ Second Baptist Church (5100 W Hundred Rd), 7:00-8:30pm
- Matoaca District: Thursday, October 25 @ Union Branch Baptist Church (11519 River Rd), 7:00-8:30pm
- Midlothian District: Tuesday, October 30 @ Stonebridge Recreation Center (230 Karl Linn Dr), 7:00-8:30pm
- Dale District: Wednesday, November 7 @ SwimRVA (5050 Ridgedale Pkwy), 7:00-8:30pm (Cogbill Park & Comprehensive Plan Meeting)
Draft Comprehensive Plan
This document includes a summary of all changes to the 2012 Comprehensive Plan as well as public comments to date per chapter.
Please email us to share your thoughts and comments regarding the draft Comprehensive Plan.
We also welcome the opportunity to speak to your organization or community group. If you would like us to present to your group, contact Steve Haasch or call 804-796-7192.