Recreational Programs for Adults and Youth
Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of recreational programs for youth and adults including individual sports, clinics, camps and classes through co-sponsored groups.
All co-sponsored groups are required to complete a co-sponsorship agreement due each year by July 1. Please complete either the Athletic Co-Sponsorship Agreement (PDF) or the Recreational Co-Sponsorship Agreement (PDF). The completed agreement must be accompanied by the organizations' bylaws and a list of board of directors to include their name, address and phone number. Additionally, review the co-sponsored groups administrative policy (PDF), the co-sponsored groups code of conduct (PDF) and the concession permit application (PDF).
Chesterfield County co-sponsors several adult sports leagues that use county fields and facilities. Participation requires direct registration with the respective organization.
Participants who do not reside in Chesterfield County are expected to pay a $15 non-resident fee upon registration.
Adult Athletic Leagues
- American International Soccer League (AISL)
- Chesterfield Pickleball Club
- Chesterfield Senior Softball
- Chesterfield Tennis Association
- Esperanza Soccer League
- RVA Senior Softball
- Southside Churches Recreation Association (SCRA)
Youth sport leagues playing on Chesterfield County fields and facilities are operated by local co-sponsored youth athletic associations playing within local youth athletic leagues. Participation requires direct registration with the respective organization.
Participants who do not reside in Chesterfield County must pay a $15 non-resident fee upon registration.
Youth Athletic Leagues
Parks and Recreation partners with the following leagues to provide opportunities for organized recreational play.
*Denotes leagues that operate without specific geographical boundaries within Chesterfield and require registration directly with the league as opposed to member associations.
- Bon Air Basketball*
- Central Chesterfield Little League*
- Chester Church Basketball*
- Chesterfield Baseball Club
- Chesterfield Basketball League
- Chesterfield Cheerleading League
- Chesterfield Falcons Football*
- Chesterfield Girls Basketball League
- Chesterfield Little League*
- Chesterfield Metro Football
- Chesterfield Quarterback League
- Chesterfield Youth Lacrosse*
- Chesterfield Youth Softball Association
- Chesterfield/Hopewell Youth Wrestling League*
- F.C. Richmond Soccer*
- First Touch Soccer*
- Huguenot Little League*
- Richmond Kickers Soccer*
- Richmond Panthers Field Hockey*
- Richmond Strikers Soccer*
- Undertow Field Hockey*
Youth Athletic Associations
Youth athletic associations offer organized sports opportunities in football, cheering, basketball, softball, baseball and lacrosse. Registration boundaries are established by the corresponding Chesterfield County elementary school attendance zone.
- Clover Hill
- Old Hundred
- Spring Run
- Swift Creek
Volunteer Requirements for Youth Sports
In order to maintain their co-sponsored status with Parks and Recreation, youth organizations are required to have all coaches and volunteers submit to a background check administered by the Police Department.
Background Check Policy
Background Check Fingerprinting Processing
Individuals are requested to show a picture identification at the time of fingerprinting. The Police Release of Information Form (PDF) will be required and should be completed in advance.
10001 Iron Bridge Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
These sessions are available for Chesterfield co-sponsored coaches, Fire and EMS volunteers and Chesterfield and Colonial Heights Social Services applicants. Background fingerprinting processing dates and times listed below are the only times and location where this service is provided.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 16, 8-11 a.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 30, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 3, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 13, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 17, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 27, 8-11 a.m.