Athletics and Sports
Athletic Programs for Adults and Youth
Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of athletic programs for youth and adults including individual sports, clinics, camps and classes through co-sponsored groups. Athletics is also responsible for all field rentals for league, public, travel, tournament and tourism play. View the sports manual (PDF).
Athletic Fields and Facilities
Field and Facility Status
Rent or Reserve Field and Facilities
For all athletic reservation requests at any outdoor athletic facility or indoor school facility, complete the athletics reservation request form.
- View the outdoor athletic facilities regulations and guidelines (PDF).
- View the indoor school facilities regulations and guidelines (PDF).
Please note that indoor school facility use can only be booked by the Parks and Recreation Department if the programs are co-sponsored by the Parks and Recreation. All other requests for indoor school facility use by outside groups must be submitted directly to Chesterfield County Public Schools (CCPS); view more information on the CCPS Using and Renting Facilities page.
Athletic and Recreational Co-Sponsored Groups
All co-sponsored groups are required to complete a co-sponsorship agreement due each year by July 1. Please complete either the Athletic Co-Sponsorship Agreement (PDF) or the Recreational Co-Sponsorship Agreement (PDF). The completed agreement must be accompanied by the organizations' bylaws and a list of board of directors to include their name, address and phone number. Additionally, review the co-sponsored groups administrative policy (PDF), the co-sponsored groups code of conduct (PDF) and the concession permit application (PDF).
Adult leagues in Chesterfield County are operated through co-sponsored groups and require registration through the individual league.
Most co-sponsored leagues are open to all participants, regardless of residence status. However, those who do not reside in Chesterfield County are expected to pay a $15 non-resident fee upon registration.
Adult Athletic Leagues
- American International Soccer League (AISL)
- Chesterfield Pickleball Club
- Chesterfield Senior Softball
- Chesterfield Tennis Association
- Esperanza Soccer League
- RVA Senior Softball
- Southside Churches Recreation Association (SCRA)
Youth sport leagues in Chesterfield County are operated through both co-sponsored athletic associations and youth athletic leagues. Youth sports require registration through the individual league or association.
Most co-sponsored leagues are open to all participants, regardless of residence status. However those who do not reside in Chesterfield County are expected to pay a $15 non-resident fee upon registration.
Youth Athletic Associations
Athletic associations offer sports to youth in the elementary school district for which they are named. Sports offered can include football, cheering, basketball, softball, baseball and lacrosse.
- Clover Hill
- Old Hundred
- Spring Run
- Swift Creek
Youth Athletic Leagues
Offer sports to youth within Chesterfield County and surrounding areas.
Sports offered can include football, cheering, basketball, softball, baseball, lacrosse and field hockey.
- Bon Air Basketball
- Central Chesterfield Little League
- Chester Church Basketball
- Chesterfield Baseball Club*
- Chesterfield Basketball League*
- Chesterfield Cheerleading League*
- Chesterfield Falcons Football
- Chesterfield Girls Basketball League*
- Chesterfield Little League
- Chesterfield Metro Football
- Chesterfield Quarterback League
- Chesterfield Youth Lacrosse
- Chesterfield Youth Softball Association*
- Chesterfield / Hopewell Youth Wrestling League
- F.C. Richmond Soccer
- First Touch Soccer
- Huguenot Little League
- Richmond Kickers Soccer
- Richmond Panthers Field Hockey
- Richmond Strikers Soccer
- Undertow Field Hockey
*Register through your athletic association
Organizations are required to submit a complete roster of participants to Parks and Recreation seasonally. Rosters are in spreadsheet form and require Microsoft Excel or a compatible application to view. To submit completed rosters, email Athletics.
Background Check Policy Co-Sponsored Youth Organizations
Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors approved national background checks for those individuals associated with co-sponsored youth leagues (i.e. coaches, board members, etc.). All new coaches and associated individuals will be required to go through the background check process, which includes fingerprinting. All approved individuals will be sent a national background check card with an expiration date of three years. Current background check cardholders may be selected for random background checks. View our Frequently Asked Questions about the Co-Sponsored Coaching Background Process (PDF) for more information and call 804-748-1623 for any questions.
Background Check Policy
- Felony violation relating to drug distribution is now a barrier crime.
- Felony violation of drug possession has changed from within 5 years to 8 years.
Approved Background Check Cardholders
Background Check Fingerprinting Processing
Individuals are requested to show a picture identification at the time of fingerprinting. The Police Release of Information Form (PDF) will be required and should be completed in advance.
10001 Iron Bridge Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
These sessions are available for Chesterfield co-sponsored coaches, Fire and EMS volunteers and Chesterfield and Colonial Heights Social Services applicants. Background fingerprinting processing dates and times listed below are the only times and location where this service is provided.
- Saturday, July 29, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 16, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 23, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 26, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 9, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 23, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 21, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 5-7 p.m.