Our main responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the County Jail
- Provide security for the County Courts
- Serve various legal papers throughout the county
Though all Sheriffs Deputies maintain and use arrest authority, the Chesterfield County Police Department is the agency responsible for the majority of criminal investigations, as well as traffic enforcement and patrol duties in the county.
With Visit Now, there's no need to schedule a visit with your loved one, and you can visit from the GettingOut Visits Android app, IOS app, or any computer. Read on...
- How do I bond out someone?
- Where do I go to pick up someone being released from jail?
- What departments are housed in the Chesterfield County Main Courthouse?
- What departments are housed in the Chesterfield County Juvenile and Domestic Courthouse?
- How do attorneys receive an access card?
- How do I contact Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Community Corrections?
- What if I have a jail question that isn't covered on this list?
- How are Court fines paid?
- How do I file a criminal complaint?
- What happens when a person is taken into custody at the courthouse?