Tax Payment Options
- Online Payment Portal
- Online Banking
- Automated Payment Service
- Pay In Person
- Payment Plan
Online Payment Portal
Online tax payments can be made 24 hours a day in the online payment portal. Visit the Pay Online page for more information.
Upgrades have been made to the online payment portal to allow taxpayers to create a user ID, which will allow the taxpayer to gather all personal property and real estate tax accounts under a single user account. The portal will allow taxpayers to view invoices dating back to 2018, view payments made through the portal and to make payments on their tax accounts. Payments can be made the same day, or scheduled for a future date, including scheduling installment payments up to a due date.
Your bank's online bill payment software can be used to pay taxes. Please 1. include your tax Account Number and 2. use the remittance address below.
Your tax account number, located in the upper right corner of your tax statement, must be entered correctly in your online banking application to ensure your payment is applied correctly.
Use this remittance address for processing:
Treasurer, Chesterfield County
P.O. Box 70
Chesterfield, VA 23832-0906
Note: The payment effective date will be the date we receive your bank's payment. Please allow sufficient time for processing by your bank.
Automated Payment Service
Pay taxes automatically by signing up for our convenient Automated Payment Service (APS). By using APS, payments wil be automatically debited from your bank account on the due date.
To sign up for Automated Payment Service, please perform the following:
- Read the APS Letter (PDF) and print out the APS Authorization Form (PDF).
- Complete APS Authorization Form.
- All owners must sign form.
- Include a voided check.
- Mail APS Authorization Form and voided check to:
Chesterfield County Treasurer's Office
Attention: APS Section
P.O. Box 70
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
- You may also fax the APS Authorization Form and voided check to “Attention: APS Section” at 804-751-4993.
- Please retain a copy of your completed authorization form for your records.
Pay Utility Bill
Pay by Telephone
Payment by phone is available 24 hours a day by calling 833-299-6593.
What can I pay by phone?
- Real Estate Taxes
- Personal Property Taxes
Can I pay multiple accounts in a single transaction?
You can pay multiple accounts in a single transaction.
What will I need to complete my transaction?
1. Your tax account number, which is located in the upper right corner of each tax statement. If you do not have your statement available, please call 804-748-1201 for further assistance.
2. Checking account (e-checks) or credit/debit card
- The electronic checks (e-checks) payment option is offered at no cost to you. Please note that bank processing times vary, but generally require a minimum of two days. You simply need your Bank Routing Number and Checking Account Number.
- A valid credit or debit card:
- American Express
- Please note regarding DMV Stop fees: If there is a DMV Stop on the account, the eCheck payment option may not be used. DMV Stop fees and all required personal property tax bills must be paid in full before the hold on your DMV vehicle registration will be released, which will be by 5 p.m. the next business day after the charge is made. Please retain the confirmation number provided for your records.
What are the convenience fees?
- Electronic checks are offered at no cost to you.
- Credit cards are 2% per transaction total.
- Debit cards have a flat fee of $2.50 per transaction total.
These fees are charged by MSB, our online payment processor, and are not part of your tax.
The county does not receive any portion of these fees.
Pay Taxes by Mail
- Please use the return envelope enclosed with your tax statement.
- Make checks payable to “Treasurer, Chesterfield County” and ensure your payment is postmarked on or before the due date.
- Tax laws require that mail payments be processed effective the postmark date. Payments postmarked after the due date are considered late and additional charges will be incurred.
- One check may be written for multiple tax statements.
- Your canceled check is your receipt.
- If you require an additional receipt, return both portions of your tax statement and a stamped, addressed envelope with your payment.
Note: If your tax statement will not be paid by the indicated due date, please call our office immediately at 804-748-1201 to discuss your account. Tax laws require that collection action be taken on delinquent accounts.
Visit Our Office
Lane B. Ramsey Administration Building
9901 Lori Road, Room 101
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Please note: Convenience fees are charged on credit and debit card transactions, whether you pay online or in person.
Current Taxes can be paid with:
- Debit or credit card
- Money order
Once collection action has been taken, no personal or business checks will be accepted. All payments must be in the form of:
- Cashier’s check
- Debit or credit card
- Money order
The outdoor payment kiosk is located on the outside of the Administration Building, located at 9901 Lori Road. The kiosk is available 24 hours a day and accepts cash, credit/debit cards and check payments.
For your convenience, there is a drive-thru payment drop box in the parking lot of the Administration Building, located at 9901 Lori Road. There is an additional drop box in the lobby of the Administration Building.
- No postage is necessary
- Envelopes are provided at the drop box
- You must pay by check or money order (no cash)
- Payments dropped by 11:59 p.m. are considered received that same day
Tax Payment Plan
How can we help? We understand difficulties may arise which prevent timely payment of taxes, so we have friendly, courteous and knowledgeable staff prepared to review your account(s) and provide the best payment option(s) for you.
Please complete and submit an Online Payment Plan Application and one of our staff will contact you within two business days. If you do not have internet access you may call 804-748-1201 to submit an application over the phone.