Other Payment Options
Payment by telephone is available 24 hours a day by calling 1-877-690-3729.
What will I need to complete my transaction?
- Jurisdiction Code: 1005
- Account Number - your tax account number is located in the upper right corner of each tax statement. If do not have your statement available, please call 804-748-1201 for further assistance.
- A valid credit/debit card *
- American Express
* If you are paying a DMV Stop Fee and all required personal property tax bills, the hold on your DMV vehicle registration will be released by 5pm the next business day after the charge is made.
A 2.3% convenience fee per transaction total (minimum of $1) will be applied for all credit card payments, with the exception of VISA Debit which has a flat fee of $3.95 per transaction total.
You can only pay one account per phone transaction. To pay multiple accounts, we recommend using Pay Online.
Your bank's online bill payment software can be used to pay taxes. Please include the following:
- Your tax Account Number (located in the upper right corner of your tax statement) MUST be entered correctly in your online banking application to ensure your payment is applied correctly.
- Use this remittance address for processing:
Treasurer, Chesterfield County
P.O. Box 71111
Charlotte, NC 28272-1111
Note: The payment effective date will be the date we receive your bank's payment. Please allow sufficient time for processing by your bank.
Pay Taxes by Mail
- Please use the return envelope enclosed with your tax statement.
- Make checks payable to “Treasurer, Chesterfield County” and ensure your payment is postmarked on or before the due date.
- Tax laws require that mail payments be processed effective the postmark date.
- Payments postmarked after the due date are considered late and additional charges will be incurred.
- One check may be written for multiple tax statements.
- Your canceled check is your receipt.
- If you require an additional receipt, return both portions of your tax statement and a stamped, addressed envelope with your payment.
Note: If your tax statement will not be paid by the indicated due date, please call our office immediately at 804-748-1201 to discuss your account. Tax laws require that collection action be taken on delinquent accounts.
Pay Taxes Automatically
Sign up for our convenient Automated Payment Service (APS) and have payments automatically debited from your bank account on the due date.
To sign up for Automated Payment Service, please perform the following:
- Print out the APS Letter (PDF) and APS Authorization Form (PDF)
- Complete form
- All owners must sign form
- Include a voided check
- Mail Authorization Form and voided check to:
Chesterfield County Treasurer's Office
Attention: APS Section.
P.O. Box 70
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
- You may also fax Authorization Form and voided check to “Attention: APS Section” at 804-751-4993.
- Please retain a copy of your completed authorization form for your records.
If you have any questions, review our APS Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) or contact our office at 804-748-1201.
Pay Utility Bill
For information on having your County Utility bills automatically deducted from your bank account, please visit the Utilities Department or call 804-748-1291.
Visit Our Office
Lane B. Ramsey Administration Building
9901 Lori Road, Room 101
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Convenience fees are charged on credit and debit card transactions, whether you pay online or in person.
Current Taxes can be paid with:
- Debit or credit card
- Money order
Once collection action has been taken, no personal or business checks will be accepted. All payments must be in the form of:
- Cashier’s check
- Debit or credit card
- Money order
For your convenience, there is a drive-thru payment drop box located in the parking lot at the address above. There is an additional drop box located in the lobby of the Administration Building.
- No postage is necessary
- Envelopes are provided at the drop box
- You must pay by check or money order (no cash)
- Payments dropped by 11:59pm are considered received that same day.