Approved Satellite Locations (Public Notice)
The Board of Supervisors approved four satellite Absentee Voting locations. From Monday, Oct. 19, 2020 to Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, these satellite locations will serve as both an in-person absentee voting location and ballot drop off location.
- LaPrade Library - 9000 Hull Street Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23236
- Meadowdale Library - 4301 Meadowdale Blvd, North Chesterfield, VA 23234
- North Courthouse Road Library - 325 Courthouse Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23236
- Ettrick-Matoaca Library - 4501 River Road, South Chesterfield, VA 23803
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturdays, Oct. 24 and Oct. 31: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Absentee Voting Deadlines
Absentee voting begins 45 days prior to the election.
- In-person Absentee/Early Voting begins Friday, Sept. 18, 2020 at the
Registrar's Office 9848 Lori Road, Chesterfield 23832
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturdays Oct. 24 and Oct. 31, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee is Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020
- Last day to return a voted absentee ballot is Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 by 7 p.m.
The final day to apply for an absentee ballot
- By mail - Friday, Oct. 23, 2020 by 5 p.m.
- In person - Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020 by 5 p.m.
You can also track your absentee ballot online.
Absentee and Early Voting
Find out more information regarding absentee and early voting from the Virginia Department of Elections.
Applying to Vote Absentee by Mail
- Apply online to vote by mail
- For assistance, reference the Step-by Step Guide (PDF)
- Submit a Vote by Mail Application (PDF)
- Fax: 804-751-0822
- Mail : General Registrar
P.O. Box 1690
Chesterfield, VA 23832-1690
- In Person (either by the applicant or a third party) at:
Office of the General Registrar
9848 Lori Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ballots will not be mailed until 45 days before each election.
For Our Military and Overseas
Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) for voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens
- Please be sure to answer every question and sign the application.
- Return the completed application by 5 p.m. on the 11th day preceding the election.
- After the Registrar’s Office receives the application and processes it, a ballot will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the application.
Voting the Ballot
- Upon receiving the ballot, carefully review the Instructions for Voting an Absentee Ballot (PDF).
- Return the ballot to the office of the General Registrar by 7 p.m. the day of the election by:
- Mail (USPS)
- Commercial Delivery Service (Federal Express, UPS, DHL)
- In person at the Registrar's Office (9848 Lori Rd, Chesterfield 23832) anytime Monday - Friday, September 18 - October 31 - 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Bypass the line and enter through the front door of the office to drop your ballot off.)
- From Monday, Oct. 19 to Saturday, Oct. 31, there will also be a ballot drop off at the approved four satellite Absentee Voting locations: Ettrick-Matoaca Library, La Prade Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library.
Contact the General Registrar’s Office with any questions by calling 804-748-1471.