Absentee Voting Deadlines
Absentee voting begins 45 days prior to the election.
- Last day to apply for a Vote by Mail absentee ballot is Friday, May 28, 2021 by 5 p.m.
- In-person Absentee/Early Voting begins Friday, April 23, 2021 at the
Registrar's Office 9848 Lori Road, Chesterfield 23832
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturday, June 5, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee/Early Vote is Saturday, June 5, 2021
- Last day to return a Vote by Mail absentee ballot is Tuesday, June 8, 2021 by 7 p.m.
You can also track your absentee ballot online.
Absentee and Early Voting
Find out more information regarding absentee/early voting from the Virginia Department of Elections.
Applying to Vote Absentee by Mail
- Apply online to vote by mail
- For assistance, reference the Step-by Step Guide (PDF)
- Submit a Vote by Mail Application (PDF)
- Fax: 804-751-0822
- Mail : General Registrar
P.O. Box 1690
Chesterfield, VA 23832-1690
- In Person (either by the applicant or a third party) at:
Office of the General Registrar
9848 Lori Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ballots will not be mailed until 45 days before each election.
Request to cancel an Absentee Ballot application submitted in error or you have changed your mind and want to vote in person.
For Our Military and Overseas
Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) for voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens
- Please be sure to answer every question and sign the application.
- Return the completed application by 5 p.m. on the 11th day preceding the election.
- After the Registrar’s Office receives the application and processes it, a ballot will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the application.
Voting the Ballot
- Upon receiving the ballot, carefully review the Instructions for Voting an Absentee Ballot (PDF).
- Return the ballot to the office of the General Registrar by 7 p.m. the day of the election by:
- Mail (USPS)
- Commercial Delivery Service (Federal Express, UPS, DHL)
- In person at the Registrar's Office (9848 Lori Rd, Chesterfield 23832) anytime Monday - Friday, April 23, 2021 - June 5, 20231: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Bypass the line and enter through the front door of the office to drop your ballot in the designated drop box.
Contact the General Registrar’s Office with any questions by calling 804-748-1471.