Approved satellite locations (Public Notice)
The Board of Supervisors approved four satellite Absentee Voting locations. From Monday, Oct. 19, 2020 to Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, these satellite locations will serve as both an in-person absentee voting location and ballot drop off location.
- LaPrade Library - 9000 Hull Street Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23236
- Meadowdale Library - 4301 Meadowdale Blvd, North Chesterfield, VA 23234
- North Courthouse Road Library - 325 Courthouse Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23236
- Ettrick-Matoaca Library - 4501 River Road, South Chesterfield, VA 23803
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Absentee Voting Deadlines
Absentee voting begins 45 days prior to the election.
- Absentee Voting begins Friday, Sept. 18, 2020
- Last day to vote in-person absentee is Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020
- Last day to return a voted absentee ballot is Nov. 3, 2020 by 7 p.m.
The final day to apply for an absentee ballot
- By mail - Friday, Oct. 23, 2020 by 5 p.m.
- In person - Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020 by 5 p.m.
You can also track your absentee ballot online.
Absentee and Early Voting
Find out more information regarding absentee and early voting from the Virginia Department of Elections.
Applying to Vote Absentee by Mail
- Apply online to vote by mail
- For assistance, reference the Step-by Step Guide (PDF)
- Submit a Vote by Mail Application (PDF)
- Fax: 804-751-0822
- Mail : General Registrar
P.O. Box 1690
Chesterfield, VA 23832-1690
- In Person (either by the applicant or a third party) at:
Office of the General Registrar
9848 Lori Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ballots will not be mailed until 45 days before each election.
For Our Military and Overseas
Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) for voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens
- Please be sure to answer every question and sign the application.
- Return the completed application by 5 p.m. on the 11th day preceding the election.
- After the Registrar’s Office receives the application and processes it, a ballot will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the application.
Voting the Ballot
- Upon receiving the ballot, carefully review the Instructions for Voting an Absentee Ballot (PDF).
- Return the ballot to the office of the General Registrar by 7 p.m. the day of the election by:
- Mail (USPS)
- Commercial Delivery Service (Federal Express, UPS, DHL)
- Hand Deliver your own ballot personally (Neither a personal courier service nor another individual may deliver it for you.)
Contact the General Registrar’s Office with any questions by calling 804-748-1471.