Modular & Manufactured Home Projects
- Building permit
- Auxiliary permits - One or more of the following permits depending on the scope of work:
Application Submission Requirements
- Client Registration Form (PDF) - Required if a contractor who has never performed work in Chesterfield County before is applying for the permit.
- Residential Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Plot plan showing setbacks from existing and proposed improvements. Acceptable plot plans contain the following:
- Entire property, showing all property line dimensions
- Existing dwelling, any other existing structures and the proposed structure location (clearly indicate all proposed structure dimensions). For proposed accessory structures, indicate the overall height.
- Setbacks from the closest point of the proposed structure to property lines in each direction. Label the measurements from each property line to the closest point on the structure. Be as exact as possible and clearly label the road name.
- All buffers, easements or floodplains located on your property (no structure may be located in these areas).
- Construction plans (two or more copies) - We'll return one copy to you with the issued permit.
- Engineered soil reports (two copies) - Required to be prepared by a soil scientist or geotechnical engineer and submitted with each set of construction plans for all new houses. For more information see the Requirements for Soil Reports and Footings (PDF).
- Agreement in Lieu of Erosion and Sediment Control Plan (PDF)
- Residential Plans Review Delivery Form (PDF) - Indicates whether you want the permit and forms mailed to you or held for three days at the Building Inspection office for you to pick up.
- Permit and other related fee payments
- Download the Residential Fee Schedule (PDF).
- Accepted payment methods
- Credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Footing and foundation plan
- Installation and setup instructions from the manufacturer, including floor plans, roof plan, elevations, cross sections and mating wall details (these plans must be sealed by the compliance (inspection) agency)
- Shrink/swell soil report