Modular / Manufactured Home
- Building permit
- Auxiliary permits: One or more of the permit types listed below depending on the scope of work being performed:
- Electrical permit
- Plumbing permit
- Gas permit
- Mechanical permit
Application Submittal Requirements
- 1 copy of Client Registration Form (PDF) - if the contractor has never performed work in Chesterfield County before.
- 1 copy of the Residential Building Permit Application (PDF).
- 1 copy of the plot plan showing setbacks from existing and proposed improvements. Acceptable plot plans contain the following:
- Entire property, showing all property line dimensions
- Existing dwelling, any other existing structures and location of proposed structure (all dimensions of proposed structure clearly indicated. For proposed accessory structures, indicate the overall height).
- Setbacks from the closest point of the proposed structure to property lines in each direction. Label the measurements from each property line to the closest point on the structure. Be as exact as possible and label the name of road clearly.
- All buffers, easements or floodplains located on your property (no structure may be located in these areas).
- 2 copies of the construction plans - One set will be returned to the applicant with the issued permit. (For more detail on exactly what the construction plans require, see Construction Plan Requirements listed below.)
- 2 copies of the engineered soil reports - Required to be prepared by a soil scientist or geotechnical engineer and submitted with each set of construction plans for all new houses. For more information see the Requirements for Soil Reports and Footings (PDF).
- 1 copy of the Agreement in Lieu of Erosion and Sediment Control Plan (PDF)
- 1 copy of the Residential Plans Review Delivery form - This form indicates whether you would like the permit and forms mailed to you or held for three days at the Building Inspection office for you to pick up.
- Payment of permit and other related fees - Residential Fee Schedule (PDF). Cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards are accepted.
Construction Plan Requirements: Minimum of Two Copies
- Footing and Foundation plan
- Installation and set up instructions from the manufacturer, including floor plans, roof plan, elevations, cross sections and mating wall details (these plans must be sealed by the compliance (inspection) agency)
- Shrink/swell soil report