- Do I need a permit?
- What happens if I build the structure without a building permit?
- The neighbor started building something on his house without a permit; shouldn't they have one?
- What are the county setback requirements for my house or garage?
- What is the turn-around time for getting plans approved for a permit?
- How much does a building permit cost?
- What credit cards do you accept?
- Will the Building Inspection Department accept a faxed permit application?
- How long is a permit good for?
- If I decide, after I have applied for a permit application, that I am not going to do the work, can I get a refund?
- How do I check the status of my job?
- What building code does Chesterfield County use for residential projects?
- Do the plans have to be prepared by an architect or engineer?
- What is an engineered soil report? Is a soils report required for the construction of a new house even if the house will not be located in the shrink-swell soil area?
- If I fix one thing on my house, do I have to bring the whole house up to code?
- What if I change my plans after I get my building permit?
- What is required to finish off my basement, attic or room over garage?
- What is required to put in a pool?
- What is required to build or install a storage shed?
- What is required to build a carport?
- What is required to build a deck?
- What is required if I am going to rebuild after a fire?
- Can I start the work without a building permit, or at least, can I start clearing the land?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- What inspections will I need?
- Why can't the inspector tell me what time my inspection will be made?
- Why do I have to wait until the next working day to get my inspection?
- My inspection was rejected. Why can't the inspector come back today and reinspect?
- I heard that I need to get an engineer to inspect my footings. I thought the county did that. What is required?
- Why can't you make my contractor come back and fix things?
- I'm going to upgrade my electrical service. Do I need to install a disconnect?
- My inspection did not pass; why can't you waive the code requirement, just this one time?
- We haven't quite finished things. Can I move in?