Obtain Inspection Results
There are three ways to find out inspection results, two of which provide access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- By speaking to a customer service representative: Call 804-751-4990. A CSR can provide inspection results, schedule inspections and cancel inspections. CSRs are available during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will need your customer pin number and the permit number.
- Online through our website at www.chesterfield.gov/bi: (See the following detailed instructions .) You will need your number and customer pin number to log in. This service is available 24/7.
- By phone using the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) automated phone system: Call 804-751-4444. See detailed instructions below. You will need the permit number and your customer pin number. This service is available 24/7.
The following are detailed instructions for scheduling an inspection online, or the IVR automated phone system.
Looking Up Inspection Results on the Website
There are two different ways that you can look up inspection results on the website, which are outlined below.
If You Are the Permit Holder/Contractor
This method requires that you have a permit holder/contractor pin number. It is the best method to use because the inspection results are updated in real time and you can also schedule and cancel inspections here. For instructions on how to schedule
- See the Permit Status, Inspection Scheduling and Results page.
- Enter the permit number (Example: 20120101-001) and the customer PIN number. (If you do not know your customer PIN, please call 804-751-4990.) Note: If you want a listing of all of your active permits, enter the PIN number only.
- Click the Permit Number Search button.
- The Permit Details are available to review. Click Inspection History.
If You Are Not the Permit Holder/Contractor
This method is for those who need to look up inspection or plan review results but do not have a permit holder/contractor pin number. You cannot schedule inspections here because you must have a pin number to schedule inspections. This information is not updated in real time; it is updated at 5 p.m. each day.
- See the Plans Review and Inspection Comments - Look up page.
- Enter the permit number (Example: 20120101-001) and click the Permit Number Search button.
- The Permit Details information will come up. Click the Inspection Results button at the bottom.
Obtaining Inspection Results via the IVR Automated Phone System
You can look up inspection results and retrieve an inspection history by fax. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 804-751-4444.
Before calling you will need:
- Customer PIN Number
- Permit number
- Touch-Tone phone
You will also need to enter Inspection Codes: See Table of Inspection Code Numbers (PDF).
The voice prompt sequence is as follows:
- Press 1 to schedule an inspection
- Press 2 to cancel an inspection
- Press 3 to hear and obtain inspection results
- Press 6 to obtain a report of inspections
- Press 0 to transfer to BI Staff, during business hours
- Press Number to disconnect and hang up
- Press * to get more information and options at anytime
- Press 9 to repeat this menu