Volunteer Fire & Rescue
We work in partnership with the county’s career firefighters and emergency medical technicians and receive the same level of training and equipment.
Our county is very diverse with a growing multicultural population, and includes rural, suburban and urban areas. Our challenge is to serve these areas with the best volunteers our county has to offer. And that’s where you come in!
Volunteer Information Sessions
Find out more about volunteering by attending an information session.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Monday, July 15
- Thursday, August 15
- Thursday, September 5, 2019
All sessions begin at 6 PM and runs about and hour.
Eanes-Pittman Public Safety Training Center
Fire Classroom 1
6610 Public Safety Way
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Please note that if the County is closed, or is designated as “Minimum Staffing,” we will NOT be having our information session.
Volunteer for All the Right Reasons
- Receive professional training in emergency response
- Enhance leadership and job skills
- Explore career possibilities
- Connect with your community - get involved
- Enjoy camaraderie with fellow volunteers who share your interests
- Be part of lifesaving team
- Give back to the community and make a difference
- Be challenged
Let us know if you want to volunteer. There are vital behind-the-scenes opportunities for knowledgeable volunteers. Administrative members typically serve at a fixed facility such as the fire administration building, public safety training center, fire logistics warehouse, and the fire station.
Completion of tasks including but not limited to:
- Clerical and information systems technology assistance
- Customer service
- Interdepartmental mail sorting and delivery
Fire & Life Safety Public Education
Delivery of fire and life safety education and injury prevention programs to schools, community groups, and targeted audiences.
Delivery of educational and technical training programs to career and/or volunteer fire and EMS members.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Equipment maintenance
- Fire station deliveries
- Inventory control
- Stocking and filling requisitions for supplies and equipment
- Transportation of members and equipment
Let us know if you want to volunteer. Our volunteers provide support for weather-related emergencies including earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, and severe storms.
Front-line operational members who are cross-trained and certified to perform both firefighting and emergency medical services duties.
Junior Volunteer Firefighter
This is for members who are 16 and 17 years old. Their activities are limited to emergency response duties.
This includes front-line operational members who are trained and certified to perform EMS duties only. They may practice duties according to their level of EMS certification.
Emergency Operations Support
Members who are not trained or certified to perform front-line firefighting or patient care emergency duties. They may fulfill various support functions at incident scenes.
Are You Bilingual?
Bilingual volunteers are needed, especially for the following languages:
- Indian Dialects
You must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 16 years old
- Meet minimum health and performance standards
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Possess a valid Virginia Drivers License and pass a driving history check
- Read, write and speak English
Sat Sep. 14
Tue Sep. 17