Premier Law Enforcement Partner Program
The Premier Law Enforcement Partner program provides managers with the opportunity to learn more ways to assist residents with crime prevention techniques while nurturing positive engagement through community care. Apartment communities have achieved this status by doing the following:
- Retain a manager who has completed more than five hours of crime prevention training and passed the certification exam to receive their Premier Multi-Family Crime and Safety Certification.
- Completed a Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) evaluation of their property in conjunction with law enforcement. This evaluation allows managers to elevate the safety of the property by incorporating current maintenance practices and future budgetary needs directed toward creating a safer environment for residents.
- Provide at least two crime prevention events for residents on a yearly basis following completion of Premier Law Enforcement Partner status.
- Meet with their community engagement officer on a quarterly basis to make sure the standards for retaining this partnership are met.
- Maintain an updated contact list for the property with the Emergency Communication Center.
Premier properties will also display a decal on their door denoting their partnership with the Police department.
Presence on this list does not reflect crime statistics because crime can occur anywhere; however, the list indicates the importance the manager and ownership place on doing everything within their power to enhance the safety of their residents. Information directly related to service calls for any apartment community in Chesterfield County may be obtained by calling Police Automation and Data Section at 804-748-1536.