As with any medical emergency, please dial 911 for immediate service.
Chesterfield County Fire and EMS will promptly respond to your medical emergency regardless of membership status with the EMS Passport program. Individuals requiring emergency ambulance transportation have been charged for this service since 2002.
About the EMS Passport Program
Passport is a subscription program, when emergency ambulance transportation is required, the program is designed to help eliminate out-of-pocket patient expenses and health insurance co-payments. It also offers protection against rising health care costs.
Allowing subscribers will not be responsible for any additional balances or fees, except as required by law or regulation, after insurance claims are processed.
Subscription Program Terms
- An enrollment application (PDF) must be completed and submitted for processing. Include your check or money order, to Chesterfield County Fire and EMS P.O. Box 1658
Chesterfield, VA 23832 or, submit payment online for families or individuals .
- If you are not a current member, you will not be able to subscribe at the time services are rendered.
- The EMS Passport program is not a contract for the provision of ambulance services.
- This is not a solicitation for the offer or sale of an insurance product.
- The terms and provisions of this EMS Passport program are subject to change without prior notice.
- Medicare beneficiaries may be billed for co-payments or deductibles if required by law.
- All subscriptions are subject to acceptance by the county and may be canceled or revoked in the county’s sole discretion.
- The subscriber acknowledges that the county will bill available medical and third-party insurance (auto or homeowners) for services rendered and agrees to remit any third-party insurance payments received directly by the subscriber to the county.