Social Services

Social Services Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Social Services remains open and committed to providing ongoing quality customer services.  Our mission to serve the public has not changed and we are able to assist you by phone, email, direct you to online services and in person by appointment.  If you need to speak with an agency representative during business hours, please call 804-748-1100.  Documents can be delivered and deposited in our drop box located outside the building or via email. If submitting documents via email, please include the case number in the subject line. 

El Departamento de Servicios Sociales de Chesterfield- Colonial Heights se encuentra abierto y comprometido con brindarle servicios de calidad. Nuestra misión de servir al público no ha cambiado y podemos atenderle vía telefónica, por correo electrónico, guiarlo en referencia a los servicios en línea y también brindarle servicios en persona, previa cita. Si requiere hablar con algún representante de nuestra agencia en horas de oficina, por favor llame al 804-748-1100. Los Documentos pueden ser entregados y depositados en nuestro buzón localizado afuera de nuestro edificio o vía correo electrónico. Si envía documentos vía correo electrónico, por favor incluya su número de caso en el título del correo.

Other Updates & Announcements

  1. Our Services


The Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Department of Social Services is a combined agency serving both the County of Chesterfield and the City of Colonial Heights. The Social Services Board, comprised of 9 members representing both localities, governing the Department of Social Services. 


In collaboration with individuals, families and the community, our mission is to:

  • Provide advocacy and excellent services that encourage self-sufficiency
  • Preserve and restore families
  • Protect the well-being of children, senior citizens and people with disabilities


Our vision is to be the leader in providing exceptional and innovative social services.

Our Services

View our department’s Annual Report (PDF). This report is a summary of the 4 goal areas and what and how we work towards these goals and embodies the hard work and dedication of our organization.

Visit and like our Facebook page for agency updates, services, programs, workshops, employment opportunities and more. 

September 2021

29 30 31 01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 01 02
View All