- Community Development
- Building Inspection
- Commercial Construction
- Submitting Plan Revisions
Submitting Commercial Plan Revisions
Submitting Revised Construction Documents During Permit Review Process
- Revisions addressing departments other than Building Inspection do not need to be submitted at the same time as revisions addressing Building Inspection Department reviews.
- When revisions addressing other departments affect the building design, submit the revised construction documents to the Building Inspection Department. They will be routed to the appropriate department(s) for review.
- Submit revisions addressing Building Inspection Department review comments to the Commercial Plan Review division in a single submittal; individual plan reviewers will not accept revisions.
- Address all correction-required comments from all building code reviewers.
- Submit a cover letter containing the permit number and responses to each plan review comment. Denote the sheet(s) on which the revision is addressed. Submit five copies of the letter.
- Clearly denote all revisions on the plans with a cloud, revision symbol and revision date.
- Submit five complete, collated sets of revised plan sheets (six sets for projects involving Health department approval). If five or more sheets are revised, submit five full sets.
- All pages must be the same size.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process please call 804-717-6427.
Revisions to Issued Permits
The process is the same as that outlined above for revisions submitted prior to permit issuance, with the following additional stipulations:
- If the revised building design changes the cost of construction, the permit fee may need to be adjusted. The permit holder must indicate the additional cost of construction, if any.
- Revisions to issued permits are placed into "In Review" status. Inspections may continue to be performed by contacting the building inspector directly. The automated inspection scheduling system cannot be used when permits are in the "In Review" status.
- Upon approval of the revision, the permit applicant will be contacted to pick up the plans. A complete set of documents, including all approved revisions, must be maintained in the field.