Waste and Resource Recovery Division
The Waste and Resource Recovery (WARR) Division is one of seven divisions within the Department of General Services. WARR is a leader in Environmental, Health and Safety Management and has achieved Exemplary Environmental Enterprise (E3) status in the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality's Environmental Excellence Program.
Provide citizens with safe and cost-effective waste disposal and recycling options
WARR provides several local services including:
- Operates two convenience centers for residential waste disposal and recycling while diverting approximately 40% of all incoming materials from local landfills
- Administers a curbside recycling program for approximately 94,000 households in conjunction with the Central Virginia Waste Management Authority. Over 13,000 tons of single stream materials are recycled annually.
- Manages the county's three closed landfills
- Oversees debris management operations during severe weather events
- Directs the implementation of a department-wide Environmental, Health and Safety Management System (EHS)
Thu Dec. 23 - Fri Dec. 24
Fri Dec. 31
Thu Feb. 3
Thu Mar. 3
Fri Mar. 11
Sat Mar. 12