The Chesterfield County Police Foundation, Inc. was organized in 2000 to provide support and benevolent assistance to the Chesterfield law enforcement community. The foundation is composed of public-minded citizens who appreciate the unique demands made upon and challenges faced by the men and women who ensure the community's safety.
Our organization is dedicated to the support of the Chesterfield law enforcement community by addressing those special needs that may not be met by our local government or other means. The Chesterfield County Police Foundation, Inc. is a charitable organization that is tax-exempt as defined under IRS rule 501 (c)(3). A contribution to the foundation is tax deductible.
Interested in Helping?
If you would like to help, you may do so in several ways:
- You can send a donation (please make checks payable to the Chesterfield County Police Foundation) along with your name, address and phone number to:
Chesterfield County Police Foundation
P.O. Box 1684
Chesterfield, VA 23832
- Call 804-748-1266 for additional information and ways to donate
We thank you for your support and contribution to help our law enforcement community during their times of need. You make a difference.
Community Support for Foundation
The foundation is set up to provide the management of the contributions in cash or in kind. Contributions may be restricted to a particular program or made to the general fund where they will be applied as needed.
All contributions to the foundation will be acknowledged by letter, and proper documentation will be provided to assure deductibility of your contribution.
The Chesterfield County Police foundation reserves the right to redirect contributions for the greatest need if the selected category is fully funded.
The Police Foundation Provides Support in Several Ways
The foundation maintains a special fund to support law enforcement personnel and the families to meet emergency needs. Their needs include a death in the family, incapacitating injury, or an uncontrollable event. This fund is expressly designed to meet the immediate, short-term needs that arise before other resources are available.
The foundation provides continuous support in a variety of areas, which include but are not limited to:
- Short-term financial support for officers or their families during crisis situations
- Public outreach and education programs
- Recognitions programs
- Financial support for the Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Service
- Special programs deemed appropriate by the Police Foundation Board for which government funding cannot be used