Recognizing Chesterfield Centenarians in 2022
Centenarians have distinctive experiences and achievements that Chesterfield wants to recognize. Centenarians who are turning 100 or older in 2022 and completed the centenarian recognition application will be recognized at the Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, Board of Supervisors meeting.
Recognizing Chesterfield Centenarians in 2023
Each summer, the county invites residents who are turning 100 or older to participate in the acknowledgement of their centenarian status. There are two types of recognition: 1. mailed certificates and recognition coins and 2. acknowledgement at the September Board of Supervisors meeting (centenarians are invited to attend the meeting in-person, but this is not a requirement to receive recognition). To receive either recognition, an application will be available summer 2023 and due at the beginning of August 2023.
If you or a centenarian in your life would like to be recognized at the September 2023 Board of Supervisors meeting, please collect the following information, which will be needed for the application:
- Up to three photographs (head shots preferred) of the centenarian that include both images of their younger and current selves. (5 MB limit for each photograph; .jpg, .jpeg, and .png file types accepted.)
- Answers to the following questions (approximately 300 words or less; 1,500 character limit):
- Secret to longevity - Please tell us your thoughts on the secret to longevity.
- Life achievement - Share a life achievement that brings you joy, pride or accomplished a life goal.
- Story about your family or childhood - Share a defining moment or tradition that has made you who you are today.
- Professional or volunteer achievements- Share how you have influenced your community.
- Current interests or hobbies - Share a current passion.
- Biographical information - Anything else about you that you would like to share.