Return to Play Protocol
Fields/courts are open for recreational sports and rental of fields for recreational sports practices, games, training and tournaments pending occupancy numbers, state guidance regarding contact sports, and Parks and Recreation Department approval.
Sports organizations should consult the following information before scheduling use of sports facilities
- Return to Play Protocol Indoor Facilities
- Return to Play Protocol Outdoor Facilities
- Concessions Operations Protocol
Consistent with state guidance, fields/courts are open for recreational sports and rental of fields for recreational sports practices, games, and tournaments pending occupancy numbers, state guidance regarding contact sports, and Parks and Recreation Department approval. The total number of participants of outdoor recreational sports cannot exceed the lesser of 50% of the occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy, if applicable, or 250 persons. For sports played on a field, participants are limited to 25 persons per field.
All Co-sponsored groups, leagues, organizations and rental groups should provide the Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department with written acknowledgement that your organization has received, reviewed and dispersed the Return to Play Protocol and that each organization will comply with all state and local orders/mandates. Groups and/or renters are asked to respond and acknowledge that you agree to terms of Protocol. For additional information email Ronnie Hobson.
Organizations must distribute information to all teams, team managers, coaches, players/parents, and officials/referees prior to the resumption of activities. This communication should:
- Explain that organizations will comply with all state and local orders/mandates
- Contain the Return to Play Protocol - General Guidelines for all Leagues and Sports
- Encourage all event attendees to practice social distancing
- Explain that any person who is experiencing symptoms of sickness should not enter the venue of play
- Make clear that all posted and published state and local guidelines shall be followed
This information is subject to change. Please check back often for updates to this page.
Questions should be directed to the department’s Athletics staff.