Call Centers Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Chesterfield Health District (CHD) is a division of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The CHD is comprised of the counties of Chesterfield and Powhatan and the city of Colonial Heights. VDH distributes COVID-19 vaccines to local health districts, such as CHD, which then administer the vaccine to eligible individuals within the health district, according to phases set by VDH. For current vaccination data for Chesterfield County and the Chesterfield Health District, as well as overall vaccination data for Greater Richmond region localities, visit the Chesterfield COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard. To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you, visit VaccineFinder.org.
To view current information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in:
Statewide COVID-19 Call Center
The statewide call center, 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682), can answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. The call center has English- and Spanish-speaking agents, as well as a call-back service in more than 100 other languages. TTY service (dial 7-1-1) is available to assist those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Videoconferencing in American Sign Language is also available at vaccinate.virginia.gov. If wait times are long, Virginians can choose to get a call back and avoid having to stay on hold.
For medical assistance, contact your medical provider or urgent care facility. If you are experiencing a medical emergency that is non-COVID-19 related, please call 9-1-1.
VA COPES - COVID-19 Response Warmline
If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety or stress related to COVID-19, call 877-349-6428 or text VA COPES, a free and confidential COVID-19 response warmline. Spanish speakers are available. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 5-9 p.m.
Mental Health Support Services Phone Numbers
Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) is here for you and your loved ones during this unprecedented time. Please reach MHSS by calling:
- Department Line 804-748-1227 – For general questions regarding MHSS programs and services.
- Main Intake Line 804-768-7318 – For anyone who would like to begin receiving MHSS services or who would like to gather information and advice on behalf of another.
- 24/7 Crisis Intervention Line 804-748-6356 – For individuals experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) COVID-19 Resource Guide (PDF)
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) Mental Health Information and Resource Guide (PDF)