Fire & EMS
Like Chesterfield County Fire and EMS on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chesterfield Fire and EMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity.
Located in Central Virginia, Chesterfield County consists of 446 square miles of suburban, urban and rural areas.
The mission of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to protect life, property and the environment.
The vision of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to be leaders in providing quality community fire & life safety prevention, fire protection, emergency medical and emergency management services.
Guiding Principles & Values
In order to protect life, property and the environment, we recognize that “great service is provided by great people” who are guided by a set of principles and values. We will constantly strive to take care of each other and provide for the safety, health and well-being of our members. We will promote teamwork in meeting our goals and encourage initiative in continuously improving our individual performance as well as the quality of both our external and internal services and programs. To be successful as an organization, we must listen and communicate honestly, accurately and in a timely manner to foster trust and understanding. Furthermore, we have an expectation that our members will conduct themselves in accordance with the department’s organizational values:
- We are DEDICATED to providing the highest quality of public safety services to the citizens and visitors of our county in a SAFE, effective and timely manner.
- We are COMPASSIONATE to those we serve and each other.
- We are HONEST in all of our interactions with others.
- We have the highest sense of INTEGRITY to earn the trust and respect of our citizens and coworkers.
- We have COURAGE to do what is right for our community, the department and our members.
- We are ACCOUNTABLE to our citizens, the department and each other for our actions and for achieving the highest professional standards.
Who We Are
Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services is an all hazards emergency response agency dedicated to workforce diversity. Forbes Magazine has recognized Chesterfield County as one of America’s Best-In-State Employers for 2021 and has been recognized as a top employer for diversity and equity by Top Workplaces.
The Fire and EMS Department is made up of the following:
- 4 volunteer rescue squads
- A combination system comprised of
- 540 career members
- 190 volunteer firefighters and emergency medical responders
Our men and women provide first class customer service to a diverse population of more than 365,000 residents. Last fiscal year, we responded to 44,794 calls for service, including:
- 1,760 fire incidents
- 6,836 public service calls
- 36,198 EMS incidents