Community and Household Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Chesterfield Health District (CHD) is a division of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The CHD is comprised of the counties of Chesterfield and Powhatan and the city of Colonial Heights. VDH distributes COVID-19 vaccines to local health districts, such as CHD, which then administer the vaccine to eligible individuals within the health district, according to phases set by VDH. For current vaccination data for Chesterfield County and the Chesterfield Health District, as well as overall vaccination data for Greater Richmond region localities, visit the Chesterfield COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard. To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you, visit VaccineFinder.org.
To view current information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and other trusted sources provide information regarding community and household resources during the COVID-19 pandemic:
COVID-19 and Access to the Internet
COVID-19 Older Adult Resources
- Chesterfield County Aging and Disability Services
- Alzheimer’s Association Greater Richmond Chapter
- Senior Connections: The Capital Area Agency on Aging
- Senior Living: Social Distancing Apps for Seniors
- United Way (2-1-1)
- Virginia Navigator
Family and Parent Resources
Staying Active - Fitness, Crafts and Learning Opportunities
- Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation - Virtual Recreation Programs
- Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation - Activity Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Sports Backers - Fitness Warriors (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Sports Backers - Kids Run RVA (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Sports Backers - Stay Healthy, Stay Strong - Online Workouts and Virtual Events
Mental Health and Coping
- CDC - Stress and Coping During COVID-19
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) - Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) - Responding to Change and Loss (PDF)
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) - Behavior Management with Young Children (YouTube Video)
Mental Health Support Services Phone Numbers
Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) is here for you and your loved ones during this unprecedented time. Please reach MHSS by calling:
- Department Line 804-748-1227 – For general questions regarding MHSS programs and services.
- Main Intake Line 804-768-7318 – For anyone who would like to begin receiving MHSS services or who would like to gather information and advice on behalf of another.
- 24/7 Crisis Intervention Line 804-748-6356 – For individuals experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) Mental Health Information and Resource Guide (PDF)