COVID-19 Community and Household Preparation
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) have many resources available for citizens to learn more about the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease that was first detected in China and has now been detected in many locations internationally, including the United States. The symptoms may appear 2 – 14 days after exposure and may include a fever, cough and shortness of breath.
To make all currently available information easy for our citizens to access, please click the following links for information related to COVID-19 preparation and community resources:
COVID-19 Community and Household Preparation:
- CDC COVID-19 Household Preparation
- CDC COVID-19 Community Preparation
- VDH COVID-19 Preparation Checklist for Individuals and Families
- VDH COVID-19-Fighting Products List
Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund:
The Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund will be administered as a public-private partnership between philanthropy, government and the nonprofit sector to address the most immediate urgent needs, as well as the longer-term effects of the pandemic and community recovery. To learn more about this fund and how to contribute, please visit https://www.cfrichmond.org.
American Red Cross - Call for Blood Donation:
The American Red Cross now faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed to donate now to help patients counting on lifesaving blood. Donating blood is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give or receive blood. Watch this video on the safety and need for blood donations.
COVID-19 CCPS Community Resources:
COVID-19 Family and Parent Resources:
- CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS) COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services - Self-Help and Recovery Support Resources
- COVID-19 Military Service Members Veterans and Family Resources
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) - Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) - Responding to Change and Loss
- Chesterfield County Prevention Services Facebook
- Talk, They Hear You - Conversations About Underage Drinking
- Confident Parents, Confident Kids - My Kid’s School is Closed, So Now What?
- Psychology Today - How to Talk to Kids and Teens About the Coronavirus
- Sports Backers - Fitness Warriors (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Sports Backers - Kids Run RVA (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Sports Backers - Stay Healthy, Stay Strong - Online Workouts and Virtual Events