County Response to COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) have many resources available for citizens to learn more about the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. Please visit these main sites for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH - COVIDCheck
- VDH - COVIDWISE
- Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (VDDHH) COVID-19 Resources
- VDH COVID-19 Daily Dashboard (For Chesterfield-specific data, either click the county on the main dashboard tab map or go to the Locality tab and scroll to Chesterfield Health District.)
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Information
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Sites Map
- CDC COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Chesterfield County COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
Chesterfield Health District: Director’s Corner
In this video, Dr. Samuel provides an update on COVID-19 in Chesterfield County on Friday, Dec. 4, 2020. (updated Dec. 4, 2020)
Looking for Information about Chesterfield County?
Call Centers Information
Visit the Call Centers Information webpage for phone numbers and hours for the Chesterfield Health District Call Center and Mental Health Support Services phone numbers.
Chesterfield Department and Services Information; Phased Reopening Announcements:
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop and in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) recommendations and guidelines, Chesterfield County will be announcing a phased reopening of government buildings and facilities. Please continue to check the COVID-19 Departmental Phased Reopening Information webpage for new and updated information.
Specific Event Information: Visit the County Calendar
If you are looking for information about a specific event, please visit our County Calendar. Areas of interest calendars can be selected by using the "Select a Calendar" drop-down function and topics can also be keyword-searched by using the calendar search bar feature.
From the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors
The Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors provides updates on how the county is assisting residents, businesses and other organizations adjusting to the "new norm" of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Listen as Chair Leslie Haley and Vice Chair Kevin Carroll joined John Reid on WRVA’s Richmond Morning News to talk about the 2020-2021 school year. Audio-Only Video (July 17, 2020)
- Leslie Haley - Midlothian District Supervisor and Chair - Video (April 7, 2020)
- Chris Winslow - Clover Hill District Supervisor - Video (April 10, 2020)
- Kevin Carroll - Matoaca District Supervisor and Vice Chair - Video (April 15, 2020)
- Jim Holland - Dale District Supervisor - Video (April 22, 2020)
- Jim Ingle - Bermuda District Supervisor - Video (May 1, 2020)
- County Administrator Dr. Joe Casey and Leslie Haley - Article (March 24, 2020)
- Board of Supervisors - Article (March 31, 2020)
Governor of Virginia Updates
Governor Ralph Northam provides updates on the current COVID-19 status in Virginia at press conferences given as needed. Find out more information from the Governor’s office at:
- Dec. 3 Updates
- Dec. 1 Updates
- November 2020 Updates
- October 2020 Updates
- September 2020 Updates
- August 2020 Updates
- July 2020 Updates
- June 2020 Updates
- May 2020 Updates
- April 2020 Updates
- March 2020 Updates
Dec. 3, 2020 Update - Noon
2020 State of the County Address to be Publicly Broadcast
View the address live on Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 6 p.m.
Chesterfield County Administrator Dr. Joe Casey, in partnership with the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce and ChamberRVA, will deliver Chesterfield’s State of the County address at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9.
Due to health precautions related to COVID-19, the event will be conducted virtually, providing an opportunity for the public to watch the address live from the comfort of their homes or workplaces.
As part of the State of the County address, Dr. Casey will provide an overview of the county’s advancement during the pandemic to pivot service delivery and keep the county open for business. He will also highlight the county budget, capital and infrastructure investments, and business development, among other topics, as well as provide an overall vision for the county’s future.
Additionally, Dr. Casey will discuss plans for a $54 million budget surplus that has prompted the Board of Supervisors to consider an array of amendments to the FY2021 spending plan, including investment in the county’s workforce. The surplus is the result of the county’s quick actions to mitigate financial impact early into the pandemic, increased sales tax revenue, and an accelerated rate of residential growth.
For more information, visit the State of the County webpage.
Read the full news release.
Dec. 1, 2020 Update - 5:45 p.m.
Chesterfield County Public Schools' Curbside and Meals Service Distribution Plans Reactivated
Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 2
To best serve families while students are away from school in an all-virtual learning environment, Chesterfield County Public Schools’ (CCPS) Food and Nutrition Services has added offsite meals distribution locations and reopened many school locations for curbside pickup.
Meals service begins Wednesday, Dec. 2.
All Chesterfield County youth ages 18 and under, regardless of household income, are eligible to receive free school meals through Friday, June 18, 2021. Free meals for children ages 18 and under will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note these important updates to the distribution of FREE meals:
- Meal distribution will occur on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Children do not have to be present to pick up free meals. To pick up meals without a child present, please tell the staff member your child’s first and last name.
- Each pickup day, a child will receive the current and following day’s meals. On Fridays, distribution will include meals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Dinner is included at select sites in accordance with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s recent extension.
November 2020 Updates
All November 2020 updates have been moved to the COVID-19 Updates Archive - November 2020.
October 2020 Updates
All October 2020 updates have been moved to the COVID-19 Updates Archive - October 2020.
September 2020 Updates
All September 2020 updates have been moved to the COVID-19 Updates Archive - September 2020.
August 2020 Updates
All August 2020 updates have been moved to the COVID-19 Updates Archive - August 2020.
April 2020 Updates
All April 2020 updates have been moved to the COVID-19 Updates Archive - April 2020.