Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Current and upcoming volunteer opportunities for youth both with the county and within in the greater Chesterfield community are provided below. To discuss interest in participating or for questions regarding an opportunity, please contact the organization directly.
Future Community Leaders Certificate
The Future Community Leaders Certificate (FCLC) provides Chesterfield County high school students with the opportunity to learn about their local government, interact with government officials and engage in volunteerism to support the community. Participants must complete 25 hours of volunteer service in order to receive their certificate. Ten of these hours must be done through the Chesterfield County Government or Chesterfield County Public Schools.
Community Volunteer Opportunities
Please send any questions to the organization contact directly. View additional community volunteer opportunities at HandsOn Greater Richmond.
- Complete the online volunteer application
- Create Denim Day kits
- Learn more about volunteering with SOAR365
- View upcoming VMFA events
County Volunteer Opportunities
Please send any questions to the organization contact directly.
Chesterfield County Public Libraries (CCPL)
Contact: CCPL Human Resources
- Currently accepting volunteers 14+; learn more on the CCPL volunteers page
General Services - Building and Grounds Horticulture Shop
Contact: Thomas Tuttle
- Volunteers would work with trained horticulturists and arborists to maintain the county arboretum at the county government complex during the summer months (beginning in mid-May)
Parks and Recreation
Contact: Sharon Entsminger
- Visit Parks and Recreation for more information on volunteer opportunities