Get A Healthier Lawn With Grass Roots
Please Read!With the safety of our volunteers and you as our clients in mind, this spring we have to cancelled our programs Grass Roots and Learn Your Landscape. Those who have already sent in registration and payment will receive a refund. You will be contacted by a Chesterfield Cooperative Extension staff member who will explain when to expect your refund. If you have questions regarding your lawn or landscape, we are still available as a resource, if you have a question regarding your grass you may contact Sierra Seekford. If you have a question regarding your payment/refund please email Chesterfield Cooperative Extension.
About the Program
Are you frustrated with the condition of your lawn? Tired of throwing away money on seed and fertilizer, only to see no improvements? Get to the root of the problem through the Grass Roots Program! Grass Roots offers residents the opportunity to learn about and remedy specific problems contributing to your lawn’s current condition. The program includes:
- A site visit by a Master Gardener who measures your lawn area and takes soil sample(s).
- A detailed site evaluation of lawn, including soil compaction and weed cover.
- Some personalized recommendations tailored to your lawn’s needs.
Registrants receive the following:
- Personalized lawn care report - and recommendations to help you get started
- Publications on lawn care in our area are referenced throughout the report
- Seasonal newsletter with tips and information on upcoming lawn care seminars
We will be accepting registration to the 2021 program in mid-March of 2021.
Program cost is $25, which includes one soil sample. Additional samples are $11 each for up to two additional samples. You can call us at 804-751-4401 or email the Cooperative Extension Office for more information.
In the past 16 years, Grass Roots has done the following:
- Helped more than 6,000 residents adopt lawn care practices
- Helped protect the watershed from excess fertilizers and pesticides
- Provided them with healthier turf
Surveys show that past participants are very happy with the information they received and the results they are seeing in their lawns.
Interested in learning more: