Chesterfield County Farmer's Market
Virginia farmers markets are an important resource for communities to provide access to local fresh produce, food, horticultural goods and hygiene products. You also support local businesses by shopping at a farmers market.
The Farmers Market will be open on Wednesdays, May 12 - Sept. 15, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Alberta General Store
- Community Information Table
- County Animal Control
- Debbie Vaughan
- Ellis Farm
- Gourds 4 All
- Great Harvest Bakery
- Haley’s Honey
- Heath Farm
- Hill Crest Farm
- Jarratt’s Produce
- Jason’s Hot Sauces
- JJ Seafood
- Neighborhood Flags
- Pop’s Kettle Treats
- Red Velvet Affairs
- Schofield Farm
- Spinning Bobbin
- The Garden Spot
- Thrive Coffee
- Willowland Farm
- Fresh Branch Farm
Benefits to Shopping Farmer’s Markets
- Better taste and nutrition: Products are grown locally and picked at the peak of the season, making nutrients more abundant.
- Meet your farmers: The same people who grow the food sell their products and have a wealth of knowledge to share.
- Support local business: When you shop at local farmers markets, you’re keeping money in your own community going directly to the farmer.
COVID-19 Market Rules
Based on Executive Order Number Seventy-Two and Order of Public Health Emergency Nine (PDF). On the guidance from the amended Executive Order, the Chesterfield County Farmers’ Market will adopt the following rules until such time as the guidance is further amended.
Please note that if these rules are not followed, the Farmers’ Market will be forced to close.
Farmers’ markets may continue to operate, provided such businesses comply with the Guidelines for All Business Sectors and the sector-specific guidelines for farmers’ markets.
- You are not permitted in the market if you are feeling sick, have COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past seven days. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated with known exposure to COVID-19 case is not permitted in the market.
- Employees and patrons must maintain at least six feet physical distance between individuals who are not Family member. Where possible, configure operations to avoid congestion or congregation points.
- Mask are not required if you are fully vaccinated.
- Hand washing stations are provided at the market.
If the Farmers Market cannot adhere to these requirements, it must close.
Rules and Information
- Begins Wednesday, May 12
- Runs for 10 weeks (Grand prize winner announced on or around Tuesday, July 20)
- Tasks for the week’s scavenger hunt will be posted on or around the Tuesday before the Wednesday market of that week
- Completion of scavenger hunt task must be submitted on Facebook (reply to pinned post) by the following Sunday (posts after Sunday will not be considered for the weekly prize)
- Enter each task as a separate submission
- The more tasks completed and entered in Facebook the greater the chance of winning.
- 10 weekly winner(s) announced on or around Tuesday of each week
- 10th week will also include a drawing for the Grand Prize (all weeks will be merged, and a Grand Prize winner selected at random)
- COVID-19 rules
- Wear mask over nose and mouth
- Maintain six feet social distance
- Do not enter Farmers Market if feeling sick
- Tuesday, May 11 – Scavenger hunt tasks posted on Facebook
- Wednesday, May 12 – Market Day!
- Sunday, May 16 – Last day to post task completion on Farmers Market Facebook page for that week
- Tuesday, May 18 – Winner announced and task for the next market posted