Animal Services Unit
The Chesterfield Animal Shelter is now open by appointments only.
The office staff is available by phone:
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Please call (804) 748-1683
To serve, protect, and promote safety through the education of our community regarding responsible pet ownership and the enforcement of violations of law pertaining to animal welfare.
- Protect public health and safety
- Prevent animal cruelty and neglect
- Reunite lost pets with their owner
- Enforce animal-related laws and ordinances
- Educate the community on responsible pet ownership
- Provide compassion and comfort for animals in our care
- Encourage community involvement through events and outreach
- Build partnerships
- Expand and develop personnel
- Be transparent
- Increase educational efforts
- Increase live exit rate
- Reduce euthanasia
- Share our story
- How do I adopt an animal?
- Do I need a dog license?
- What will I need to purchase a dog license?
- How much does a dog license cost, and when is it due?
- Where do I get a dog license?
- How do I report a lost pet?
- How do I report a found pet?
- How do I report animal cruelty or neglect?
- How many dogs can you have in Chesterfield?
- What is Chesterfield County’s leash law?