Dates & Registration
Registration will be held beginning in March.
Camper must turn age 9 between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019. Counselors in Training (CIT) must turn 13 as of January 1, 2019. Counselors have already been selected, must be 14 as of January 1, 2019. You can apply in fall when school starts up.
To register for our camp please email Bethany Eigel or call her at 804-751-4401.
The Camp Fee of $320 includes:
- Camp T-Shirt
- Check or money order made out to “Treasurer of Virginia Tech”
- No cash payments
- There will be a $50 return check fee, payable in check, money order, or cashier’s check
Cancellation & Refunds
To receive a full refund (less $50 processing fee) you must cancel in writing by May 8, 2018. Allow 8 weeks to process refund. Please Note: No refunds after May 8! and no multi or sibling discounts. Email Jennifer Coates or call 804-751-4429 for a request form.
- Camps run daily, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Camp location: Our new office is adjoined to Central Library
- Camper age is youth 9 to 13 years of age
- Cost is $150 per youth camper/per week
Registration will begin in April. We will not take registration before this date/time!
Space is limited and registration will be first-come/first-served. Registration forms will be emailed after you successfully sign up for your camp week(s). Completed paperwork and payment is due within 7 business days to reserve your child’s spot.
About the Camp
Six weeks of summer fun! Each week has a special theme that includes a variety of guests and activities! Each week will also include focused reading activities with our Central Library partners to encourage summer reading that keep youth engaged during these out-of-school months!
- Week 1 (July 9 to 13): Gardening and Horticulture - Get your hands dirty with our school garden coordinator! Youth will do a mix of indoor and outdoor activities. Topics covered include growing vegetables, pollinators, water cycle and more.
- Week 2 (July 16 to 20): Food Science/Cooking with Math - Learn STEM lessons hidden in every kitchen! Guest chefs, pastry decorating, a field trip to the Farmer’s Market, and lots of hands-on practice will happen this week.
- Week 3 (July 23 to 27): Healthy Living - Living well incorporates the physical and mental! Fantastic wellness activities such as Yoga, smoothie wars, Farmer’s Market field trip, healthy meal planning/preparation, and First Aid 101.
- Week 4 (July 30 to August 3): Textiles and Design - Is fashion your passion? Then this camp is for you! The week is full of projects from sewing to jewelry making, as well as design challenges that allow youth to use their own creative spark.
- Week 5 (August 6 to 10): Engineering and Design - Dive into technology and engineering with our library STEM Specialist! Youth will design and create projects with 3D Printers, compete in building challenges, and more!
- Week 6 (August 13 to 17): Creative Arts and Public Speaking - Critical thinking and art skills are on display this week! Expert guest presenters will guide youth through activities that explore the visual and creative arts. Friday will feature an exhibition to showcase all our talents (parents welcome and encouraged to attend).