Dates & Registration
2020 camp will be June 15-19. Online registration opens @ 8:00 am on Tuesday, March 10, 2020.
Transportation to and from camp is not provided. Parents must drop off and pick-up their child from the Jamestown 4-H Center.
3751 4-H Club Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Camp Store/Care Packages
Camp store and care packages will be offered at the same time as registration.
- We will offer a great selection of items at the same time you register your child to hopefully make this a less stressful process!
- New items offered, so look for that on our website as well (hoodies, water bottles, plush animals, and more!)
Camper must turn age 9 between October 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020. Counselors in Training (CIT) must turn 13 as of January 1, 2020. Please sign up for CIT if your camper is interested in being a counselor in future. There will be a separate registration link for CIT’s to use.
Online registration opens @ 8:00 am on Tuesday, March 10, 2020.
The Camp Fee of $300 includes:
- Camp T-Shirt
- Group picture
- Due with completed paperwork to confirm your child’s spot at camp.
- Check or money order made out to “Treasurer of Virginia Tech”
- No cash payments
- There will be a $50 return check fee, payable in check, money order, or cashier’s check
Cancellation & Refunds
To receive a full refund (less $50 processing fee) you must cancel in writing by May 9, 2020.Allow 8 weeks to process refund. Please Note: No refunds after May 10! and no multi or sibling discounts. Email Jennifer Coates or call 751-4429 to request a form.
We have a limited number of scholarships which will be dispersed based on need not on a first come/first serve basis. To apply for a scholarship please fill out an scholarship application form. Applications are due by Feb 28, 2020.
- Camps run daily, Monday to Friday, 8:15 AM to 4:00 PM
- Morning drop off is from 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Afternoon drop off is from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ( $5 late charge per minute after pick up time)
- Our camp has a very active schedule that may include off-site field trips, so please be respectful of the allotted window for drop-off and pick-off times. Campers may NOT be dropped off before 8:15 a.m., nor picked up beyond 4:00 p.m. If you must drop off later than 8:45 a.m. or pick up before 3:30 p.m., please let staff know ahead of time.
- Camp location: 9501 Lori Rd, Chesterfield, Va. 23832
- Camper age is youth 8 to 14 years of age
- Cost is $165 per youth camper/per week
April 20, 2020 @ 8:00 a.m.
Space is limited and registration will be first-come/first-served. We must receive Registration Form and payment for your child to be guaranteed a spot at camp. Please make checks out to "Treasurer of Chesterfield County" .
Contact Jennifer Coates by email or @ 751-4401.
About the Camp
Four weeks of summer fun! Each week has a special theme that includes a variety of guests and activities! Camp will be indoors & outdoors.
July 6-10: Animal Science
- Small animal care
- Poultry Sciences
- Animal Shelter field trip
- Hands-on activities, numerous guest presenters
July 13-17: Steam
- Monday for Science!
- Tuesday for Technology
- Wednesday for Engineering
- Thursday for Arts
- Friday for Mathematics
July 20-21: Food Science
- Food labs and experimentation
- Field trip to the Farmer’s Market
- Baking science
- Food Challenge contests
July 27-31: Garden to Table
- Horticulture and plant sciences
- Using fresh foods to create meals
- Field trip to the Farmer’s Market
- Garden design, composting, and container gardening
Parent FAQ Sheet
- Can I register my child for multiple weeks of 4-H day camp? YES! Each week has completely different themes, activities, and guest speakers so you can enroll your youth for more than 1 week and they will gain a variety of experiences!
- Is the day camp educational? One common theme throughout all 4 weeks: hands-on learning through numerous STEAM elements & a focus on summer reading through our library partners!
- Who is caring for my child at day camp? Paid and volunteer staff have been screened through the county background check system. Trained teen counselors are hired to support staff as well.
- Is food provided? NO; campers are required to bring a packed lunch plus an additional item for afternoon snack, & water bottle for daily use. Please mark items clearly with your child’s name. EXCEPTION: Week 3 & 4 will include cooking lessons/tastings – please make staff aware of any dietary restrictions. These campers must still pack a lunch & snack daily!
- Is this day camp strictly indoors? We will make use of outdoor space for certain activities – please apply sunscreen to your child in the morning before drop-off.
- What is the camp arrival & departure policy? Please note our camp has a very active schedule that may include off-site field trips, so please be respectful of the allotted window for drop-off and pick-up times. Campers may NOT be dropped off before 8:15 a.m, nor picked up beyond 4:00 p.m. ($5/minute late charge may be assessed). If you must drop off later than 8:45 a.m. or pick-up before 3:30 p.m., please let staff know ahead of time. Photo I.D. required at pick-up - please alert our office of any changes as we can only release youth to individuals designated on paperwork. This is for the safety of all youth & we thank you for your cooperation.
- What is the camp cancellation policy? Full payment is due when registering your child. The deadline to cancel & receive a refund (less $30 registration fee) is June 1st.