Dates & Registration
Registration will be held March 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am. This is an online registration only.
4-H Camp for summer 2019 is bringing some new and different elements.
Please read carefully.
Changes to expect this year:
Transportation to and from camp will not be provided due to major insurance requirements for charter buses. Parents must drop off and pick-up their child from the Jamestown 4-H Center.
3751 4-H Club Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
- We are able to pass the cost savings directly on to our families (camp 2019 will be $295/camper - $25 less than the 2018 fee)
- Bonding time in the car with your child on the way to camp to help build their excitement (in case there are any nerves for new campers!)
- Parents/guardians get to see 4-H Camp in person, and settle their child in on the first day – this is probably the #1 question I get from new families (what is camp like/what are the facilities like?)
- No waiting on the buses at the Fairgrounds – again probably one of the few complaints we get from parents each year is the unpredictability of our Friday arrival time
- Inconveniences for some of our parents as you juggle work and personal schedules.
- Barrier for a few families altogether who will not be able to personally transport their child.
Camp Store/Care Packages
Camp store and care packages will be done earlier and at the same time as registration.
We heard the parent feedback and we are responding .
- We will offer a great selection of items at the same time you register your child to hopefully make this a less stressful process!
- New items offered, so look for that on our website as well (hoodies, water bottles, plush animals, and more!)
Camper must turn age 9 between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019. Counselors in Training (CIT) must turn 13 as of January 1, 2019. Please use the CIT link below if your child wants to do camp as CIT. Please sign up for CIT if your camper is interested in being a counselor in future.
To register please click on the correct link.
The Camp Fee of $295 includes:
- Camp T-Shirt
- Check or money order made out to “Treasurer of Virginia Tech”
- No cash payments
- There will be a $50 return check fee, payable in check, money order, or cashier’s check
Cancellation & Refunds
To receive a full refund (less $50 processing fee) you must cancel in writing by May 12, 2019. Allow 8 weeks to process refund. Please Note: No refunds after May 13! and no multi or sibling discounts. Email Jennifer Coates or call 804-751-4429 for a request form.
To apply for a scholarship to camp please Email Bethany Eigel or call 804-751-4401. The deadline for scholarship applications is February 22, 2019.
- Camps run daily, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Camp location: 9501 Lori Rd, Chesterfield, Va. 23832
- Camper age is youth 9 to 13 years of age
- Cost is $150 per youth camper/per week
Registration will begin April 9, 2019. We will not take registration before this date/time!
To register email: Jennifer Coates or call 804-751-4429.
Space is limited and registration will be first-come/first-served. We must receive registration forms and payment for your child to be guaranteed a spot at camp.
About the Camp
Four weeks of summer fun! Each week has a special theme that includes a variety of guests and activities! Camp will be indoors & outdoors.
- Week 1 (July 8-12): Animal Science -Poultry science, goat parasite lab, small animal care & more!
- Week 2 (July 15-19): Food Science- Food Challenge contest, cupcake designs, food labs, Farmer’s Market visit & more!
- Week 3 (July 22-26: CSI Mystery- Crime scene investigation, processing evidence, DNA extraction, lab analysis, & more!
- Week 4 (July 29 to August 2): Textile Design -hand stitching, machine sewing, jewelry making, design challenges & more!
Parent FAQ Sheet
- Can I register my child for multiple weeks of 4-H day camp? YES! Each week has completely different themes, activities, and guest speakers so you can enroll your youth for more than 1 week and they will gain a variety of experiences!
- Is the day camp educational? One common theme throughout all 6 weeks: hands-on learning through numerous STEAM elements & a focus on summer reading through our library partners!
- Who is caring for my child at day camp? Paid and volunteer staff have been screened through the county background check system. Trained teen counselors are hired to support staff as well.
- Is food provided? NO; campers are required to bring a packed lunch plus an additional item for afternoon snack, & water bottle for daily use. Please mark items clearly with your child’s name. EXCEPTION: Week 1 will include daily cooking lessons/tastings – please make staff aware of any dietary restrictions. These campers must still pack a lunch & snack daily!
- Is this day camp strictly indoors? We will make use of outdoor space for certain activities – please apply sunscreen to your child in the morning before drop-off.
- What is the camp arrival & departure policy? Please note and adhere to our camp hours: drop-off is 9:00 a.m. and pick-up is 3:30 p.m. NO EARLY DROP OFF! Photo I.D. required at pick-up - please alert our office of any changes as we can only release youth to individuals designated on paperwork. This is for the safety of all youth & we thank you for your cooperation.
- What is the camp cancellation policy? Full payment is due when registering your child. The deadline to cancel & receive a refund (less $30 registration fee) is June 1st.