Are you currently out of work, considering a change of career, returning back to work and have questions or need assistance with your job search, resume, cover letters or interviewing? We've got you covered! Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Department of Social Services offers various employment services and programs free of charge to all residents of Chesterfield County and the City of Colonial Heights.
Services offered include:
- Career Assessment
- Job Coaching & Ongoing Support
- Job Search Assistance
- Soft Skills Training
- Resume Development
- Interview Preparation
- Online Application Assistance
Virginia Initiative for Employment not Welfare (VIEW)
VIEW is the two year employment services program designed for individuals who are currently receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF). The goal is to provide assistance with transitioning from welfare to self-sufficiency. VIEW Family Services Specialists provide case management, crises intervention and supportive services such as childcare and transportation. If you feel that you qualify for the VIEW program, you can apply and check your eligibility for TANF here.
First Choice Community Employment Center (FCCEC)
The FCCEC was launched in the Fall of 2015 and is available for all residents (18+) of Chesterfield County or the City of Colonial Heights regardless if they are receiving benefits or not. Individual case management is provided. Other services include:
- Job Leads Distribution List: Current employment opportunities, education resources and job fair information are emailed directly to job seekers several times throughout the week.
- Bi-Annual Job Fairs: The FCCEC hosts Career & Education fairs held in the Spring and Fall of each year.
- Meet the Employer Events: Periodically scheduled each month, this is an opportunity for job seekers to meet with an employer onsite and discuss their current opportunities as well as interview.
- Monthly Workshops: Resume Basics, Interviewing Skills, Online Applications, Money Mindset and Social Media Your Job Search
SNAP Employment & Training Program (SET)
The SET Program provides employment opportunities and educational training for the Able Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD) population who are currently receiving SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). SET offers case management, identification of employment barriers, connection to various employment resources and an increase of financial literacy. To be enrolled in the SET Program, you must be:
- A resident of Chesterfield County or Colonial Heights
- Between the ages of 18 - 49
- Currently receiving SNAP
- Able to work 20+ hours per week
To learn more about the Employment Services Programs, contact Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Department of Social Services at (804) 748-1100 or send us an email.