- Starting Tuesday, Jan. 19, four additional locations will reopen to the public. Bon Air Library, Clover Hill Library, LaPrade Library and Midlothian Library will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday and Saturday. These locations are in addition to Central Library, Chester Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library which are already open to the public. All other Libraries are still offering to sell vouchers through their curbside service. Curbside pickup is still encouraged at these locations. All other branches still offer curbside service. It is critical that customers follow the library’s curbside service procedures as outlined in the Purchase Vouchers tab below.
- Voucher sales may still be handled through the mail by using our Voucher Order Form (PDF). It is taking between 8-10 days for Mobility Services to receive orders through the mail and staff are processing all sales daily and mailing them out immediately. With that, it could be in excess of 14-16 days to get vouchers.
- We want you to make your appointment - Access On Demand is available.
- Per the expansion of mask mandate: All Virginians aged 5 and over are required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. This expands the current mask mandate, which has been in place in Virginia since May 29 and required that all passengers using transportation services wear a mask.
About Access Chesterfield
Do you need a ride to medical appointments, grocery shopping or to visit family or friends? Do friends or family members have time off from work to take you to appointments? Do you want to be independent again?
Access Chesterfield can help.
Access Chesterfield is a shared ride curb-to-curb service that picks up and drops off multiple people in route to different destinations.
- Reservations must be made by 4 p.m. the day before.
- Each ride will require a voucher.
- Curb to curb service - vehicle will pick you up at the end of your driveway.
- You can ride anywhere in Chesterfield County.
- Rides anywhere in the service area are available for:
- Medical trips
- Employment trips for our passengers with disabilities
Services are provided by Dependacare Transportation. They will always arrive in a vehicle with their logo on the side. For reservations, please call 804-745-1818.
- Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 5:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
There is currently no service on Sunday.
To purchase vouchers you must present your Mobility Services ID card
- A book of 6 vouchers cost $36.
- One voucher is good for a one-way trip.
Purchase your vouchers at Chesterfield County Libraries
- Social distancing is in effect and no exceptions will be made. Customers will not be allowed to approach staff.
- Curbside pickup will be available Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Each location will have a sign that is to be read from the vehicle; as well as placed on each outside table that says…
CCPL Curbside Pick-Up
Please call XXX-XXX-XXXX to check out your items.
To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero-contact pick-up, please remain in your vehicle until your item is ready to be picked up.
- Only credit/debit cards can be accepted at this time.
- Process to purchase vouchers from the library:
- Customers will call when they arrive at the branch and give staff their Mobility Services card number and credit card information.
- Staff will verify eligibility while you are on the phone.
- Staff will bring the Access Chesterfield Vouchers and your receipt to the table outside and return to building.
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero-contact pick-up, please wait until staff leave the table to approach.
- Once the staff leave the table, you may go to the table and pickup your vouchers.
Closed to the public during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Chesterfield Treasurer’s Office
Purchase through the mail by completing the Voucher Order Form (PDF) and mailing to the address on the bottom of the form.
Reservations must be made in advance. For next day service, call 804-745-1818, between Monday and Friday, from 5:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
The passenger must be identified as an Mobility Services customer when the reservation is made. Tell the reservation agent the following information:
- Appointment time
- Destination location and address
- Pickup address
If a return trip is needed, please notify the agent and give the pickup time.
If the customer will be accompanied by an aide, please notify the reservation agent. Eligible passengers may travel with one aide free of charge. An aide must be aged 18 or older. If wheelchair accessibility is required, please notify the reservation agent. The reservation agent will provide a pickup window time.
Changes cannot be made the day of your trip. Call reservations at 804-745-1818 as soon as you realize you must make a change to your scheduled trip.
Note: The driver is not allowed to change a drop-off location.
If you are unable to take a trip you have scheduled, call 804-745-1818 as soon as possible to cancel it, but no later than 2 hours before your scheduled pickup time.
Note: 5 same-day cancelations within a three-month period will result in a 30-day suspension of riding privileges.