Chesterfield’s Access On Demand, GRTC to Cover Fee for Rides to COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments for ChChesterfield County & GRTC want to ensure the transportation is not a barrier to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. If a resident has an appointment to get the vaccine, but doesn’t have a way to get there, please call Mobility Services at 804-706-2796. Read on...
Please Note: Vouchers at CCPL Locations
Chesterfield County Public Library is selling vouchers at all open locations and through the curbside service. It is critical that customers follow the library’s curbside service procedures as outlined in the Purchase Vouchers tab below.
Please Note: Required Wearing of Masks
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an Order (PDF) on Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, requiring the wearing of masks by travelers to prevent spread of the virus that causes COVID-19. Transportation operators must also require all passengers to wear masks when boarding, disembarking and for the duration of the travel.
This Order must be followed by all passengers on public transportation (e.g., airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subway, buses, taxis and ride-shares) traveling into, within or out of the United States as well as transportation operators (e.g., crew, drivers, conductors and other works involved in the operation of transportation).
People must wear masks that cover both the mouth and nose when awaiting, boarding, traveling on or disembarking public transportation.
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability as denied by the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- While communicating with a person who is hearing impaired when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
Persons who are experiencing difficulty breathing or shortness of breath or are feeling winded may remove the mask temporarily until able to resume normal breathing with the mask. Persons who are vomiting should remove the mask until vomiting ceases. Persons with acute illness may remove the mask if it interferes with necessary medical care such as supplemental oxygen administered via an oxygen mask.
About Access Chesterfield
Do you need a ride to medical appointments, grocery shopping or to visit family or friends? Do friends or family members have time off from work to take you to appointments? Do you want to be independent again?
Access Chesterfield can help.
Access Chesterfield is a shared ride curb-to-curb service that picks up and drops off multiple people in route to different destinations.
- Reservations must be made by 4 p.m. the day before.
- Each ride will require a voucher.
- Curb to curb service - vehicle will pick you up at the end of your driveway.
- You can ride anywhere in Chesterfield County.
- Rides anywhere in the service area are available for:
- Medical trips
- Employment trips for our passengers with disabilities
Services are provided by Dependacare Transportation. They will always arrive in a vehicle with their logo on the side. For reservations, please call 804-745-1818.
- Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 5:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
There is currently no service on Sunday.
For our Access Chesterfield passengers with vouchers, Dependacare will provide transportation to your COVID-19 Vaccinations.
You will need to schedule your trip at least two and a half hours before you have to leave to get to your appointment on time. To be sure you get a ride - scheduling a day or two in advance is best.
- Make sure you tell them this is a COVID-19 vaccination trip.
- Schedule your return trip as a Will Call.
As soon as you have your vaccination and are in the 15 - 30 minute post vaccination waiting area, call Dependacare and schedule your Will Call return trip. They have up to an hour to pick you up, once you call.
If you don't have vouchers to pay for your COVID-19 trip, please call our office at 804-706-2796, we may be able to help.
To purchase vouchers you must present your Mobility Services ID card
- A book of 6 vouchers cost $36.
- One voucher is good for a one-way trip.
Purchase your vouchers at Chesterfield County Libraries
- Social distancing is in effect and no exceptions will be made. Customers will not be allowed to approach staff.
- Curbside pickup will be available Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Each location will have a sign that is to be read from the vehicle; as well as placed on each outside table that says…
CCPL Curbside Pick-Up
Please call XXX-XXX-XXXX to check out your items.
To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero-contact pick-up, please remain in your vehicle until your item is ready to be picked up.
- Only credit/debit cards can be accepted at this time.
- Process to purchase vouchers from the library:
- Customers will call when they arrive at the branch and give staff their Mobility Services card number and credit card information.
- Staff will verify eligibility while you are on the phone.
- Staff will bring the Access Chesterfield Vouchers and your receipt to the table outside and return to building.
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero-contact pick-up, please wait until staff leave the table to approach.
- Once the staff leave the table, you may go to the table and pickup your vouchers.
Locations not selling vouchers during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Chesterfield Treasurer’s Office
Purchase through the mail by completing the Voucher Order Form (PDF) and mailing to the address on the bottom of the form.
Reservations must be made in advance. For next day service, call 804-745-1818, between Monday and Friday, from 5:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
FOR COVID-19 Vaccinations - you will need to schedule your trip the day before your vaccination. Make sure you tell them this is a COVID-19 vaccination trip. Schedule your return trip as a Will Call. As soon as you have your vaccination and are in the 15 minute post vaccination waiting area, call Dependacare and schedule you Will Call return trip. They have up to an hour to pick you up, once you call.
The passenger must be identified as an Mobility Services customer when the reservation is made. Tell the reservation agent the following information:
- Appointment time
- Destination location and address
- Pickup address
If a return trip is needed, please notify the agent and give the pickup time.
If the customer will be accompanied by an aide, please notify the reservation agent. Eligible passengers may travel with one aide free of charge. An aide must be aged 18 or older. If wheelchair accessibility is required, please notify the reservation agent. The reservation agent will provide a pickup window time.
Changes cannot be made the day of your trip. Call reservations at 804-745-1818 as soon as you realize you must make a change to your scheduled trip.
Note: The driver is not allowed to change a drop-off location.
If you are unable to take a trip you have scheduled, call 804-745-1818 as soon as possible to cancel it, but no later than 2 hours before your scheduled pickup time.
Note: 5 same-day cancelations within a three-month period will result in a 30-day suspension of riding privileges.