Access on Demand
Private Rides on Demand
Access on Demand assists qualifying county residents in securing private rides in the service area for trips such as medical appointments, grocery shopping, or visits to family or friends. Access on Demand offers:
- Same day reservations. Reservations must be made two hours in advance.
- Door-to-door service. This includes assistance for those requiring extra assistance.
- Three highly-qualified providers.
- Providers who will call when they arrive to pick you up.
No pre-payments are required to use Access on Demand; you are charged at the start of your trip on the day of trip. There is a $6 co-pay for each trip, although longer trips may require a higher co-pay. Riders must provide a credit or debit card number to service providers for the co-pay. Vouchers cannot be accepted for Access on Demand.
Riders must cancel at least two hours prior to scheduled ride or they will be charged the $6 co-pay.
Uzurv offers private, door-to-door ambulatory and wheelchair access vehicle (WAV) services with drivers knowledgeable in disability sensitivity, CPR and First Aid. Uzurv is available to registered county residents for personal, work and medical-related purposes.
Ambulatory rides with a private Uzurv driver are available seven days a week and may be booked in advance or same day. Same-day trips must be booked at least two hours before the scheduled pickup time.
Wheelchair Access Vehicle Services
WAV rides provides door-to-door, wheelchair-accessible transportation to anywhere in Chesterfield County with a private Uzurv driver. Rides are available seven days a week and must be booked at least two days in advance.
Book a Trip
To schedule a ride, call 804-655-0255 during the following hours for each service:
Ambulatory Service Hours:
- Monday - Saturday: 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. (work and medical trips only)
Wheelchair Access Vehicle (WAV) Service Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (work and medical trips only)
Dependacare provides ambulatory and wheelchair service and is authorized to provide transportation to the Defense Supply Center Richmond (DSCR).
Book a Trip
To book a trip with Dependacare, there are three options: the Dependacare on Demand app, the online form or by phone.
- Book your trips for now or later
- Schedule multiple rides
- View the driver estimated time of arrival
- Chat with driver in-app
- Watch your driver arrive in real time
- Pay instantly through the app
- Authorized to provide transportation on Defense Supply Center Richmond (DSCR)
Online Form: Use the form on our website at DependacareTransport.
By Phone: Call our office at 804-745-1818 (Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
For more details, view the Dependacare presentation (PDF).
Roundtrip provides 24/7 on-demand ambulatory service and wheelchair service.
Book a Trip
To schedule a ride with Roundtrip, call 804-277-4866 (Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.)
Rides arrive within 10 minutes of ordering them. You can track where your ride is at all times with text/voice notifications on your mobile device.
There is no need to schedule in advance with the exception of wheelchair trips, which need to be booked two hours in advance. You can also schedule recurring rides for the coming weeks/months.
For more details, check out the Roundtrip presentation (PDF).