Do you have a question about your assessment, or feel that you have been billed taxes in error?
For questions about the assessment on your land or building, please visit the Real Estate Assessments webpage or call 804-748-1321.
Vehicle or Business
For questions about the following please visit the Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue webpage or call 804-748-1281:
- Purchase or sale (disposal) of a vehicle
- Assessed value of your vehicle or business equipment
- Moved a vehicle to/from another locality/state
- Closed or moved your business
For questions regarding your water/utility bill please visit the Department of Utilities webpage or call 804-748-1291.
Vehicle Registration Fee
- An annual registration fee must be paid for every vehicle, trailer or semitrailer garaged, stored or parked in the County
- Vehicle registration fees are not prorated, nor are they refunded or transferable. Decal/registration fees paid in the current year to another locality will be honored by Chesterfield in the current year.
- Effective January 1, 2014, the County Board of Supervisors approved the following vehicle registration fees:
|Antique Motor Vehicles (25 years or older)||No Charge|
Developed residential and commercial properties are subject to an annual stormwater utility fee. For more information, please visit the Department of Environmental Engineering webpage or call 804-748-1035.
Chesterfield County offers a biweekly curbside recycling program to residents for an annual cost of $25. For more information, please visit the Waste and Resource Recovery Division webpage or call 804-748-1297.
If you have incurred charges on your bill due to a late payment please see Delinquent Bills/Late Payments for additional information.