Reporting Fraud, Waste & Abuse
Fraud, Waste & Abuse Hotline 804-318-8000
Our objective is to provide county/school employees and the general public a confidential means for reporting suspected wrongdoing involving fraud, waste and abuse of county and school assets or resources. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Falsification of records
- Serious abuse of county time or excessive use of county time
- Theft of county funds
You may refer to the Fraud Policy located on the Intranet for definitions of fraud and procedures. If you are unsure how to proceed with a concern, you may contact Internal Audit during normal business hours at 804-748-1240 for guidance prior to completing the Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting Form.
Fraud Reporting Methods
Fraud, waste and abuse complaints can be submitted one of five ways:
- Online: Complete and submit the Online Form.
- Email Us
- In Person
- By Phone at 804-318-8000: The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline at 804-318-8000, may be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Voicemail will be activated on holidays, weekends, and when staff is unavailable to answer the calls. Callers may remain anonymous. Caller ID and call back features have been disabled to maintain confidentiality.
- By Fax at 804-768-9346: Complete and print our Reporting Form (PDF). Sending personal information by fax and email is not a confidential or secure means of transmission. It is recommended you return your request by regular mail.
- By Mail: Complete and print our Reporting Form (PDF). Submit to:
P.O. Box 40
Chesterfield, VA 23832
If you want to remain anonymous, please call the confidential/anonymous hotline at 804-318-8000 two weeks after the initial report to enable us to gather more facts. You may refer to the date of your original report to preserve your anonymity.
|Fraud, Waste and Abuse||804-318-8000
(Callers Remain Anonymous)
|Complaints||804-748-1211: CARES - Through County Administration|
|Adult Abuse and Neglect||888-832-3858
24-Hour Automated Line
|Business Licensing||804-748-1229 or 804-748-1453|
|County Answer Line||804-751-4636
County 24-Hour Automated Hotline
|Child Abuse and Neglect||800-552-7096
24-Hour Automated Hotline
|County and School Employee Equal Employment Opportunity Complaints, Sexual Harassment, or Other Personal Policy Violations||County: 804-768-7341
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
24-Hour Non-Emergency: 804-748-1251